@thrrgilag @igmp_join @streakmachine My Flying Eagle desktop arrangement. The tented keyboard actually makes the ball a little less convenient in the middle, but I think I'll get used to it. I also need a taller chair.

#ergo
cookie jar (i)
@thrrgilag @igmp_join @streakmachine I have a separate numpad above, which I appreciate when I'm using numbers a lot (and it nets me one more USB port).
@33MHz Nice. I just picked up that same tackball per your previous mention to try out. Not sure yet how I feel about it though. @igmp_join @streakmachine
@thrrgilag I can't be as accurate with clicking, since my whole hand is moving in relation to the buttons when I'm tracking.
@33MHz Interesting point. I thought I was alone on that. For CAD I have to use a mouse or I’m too inaccurate. I use a trackball at customer sites since it is way more versatile.
/@thrrgilag
@mandy for sure! I'm hopeful I'll get better, but unlikely to be better than mousing. The benefit of course is not having to sometimes basically pick up the mouse… There's some trade off with the mouse.
@thrrgilag
@33MHz Right - trackball is ideal on a tiny folding table or chair next to a machine during debugging. No smooth space needed.
/@thrrgilag
@thrrgilag I haven't decided if I prefer just having a normal mouse in my left hand, or something else. I'm considering keeping a normal mouse at the same time, but I like the trackball not taking any space.
@33MHz I like that it's symetrical, makes it a bit easier when I want to move it from my right and to the left.
@thrrgilag I also want to remap the back two buttons. I sometimes accidentally hit them, and back/forward aren't my preferences for those.
@33MHz How's the trackball going for you. I know some are mixed on it. @thrrgilag @igmp_join @streakmachine
@joe it'll be a while still before I know if it'll stay. I like it generally, but it's a little weird. :)
@33MHz Have you ever use a trackball before getting this?