Instagram has better capitalized on #hashtags than #twitter by letting people follow them. Guess what? That’s one place where #algorithmic showing of tweets in the timeline would work perfectly!
@nitinkhanna i remember you could follow hashtags on app.net via cheerio. this would be an easy app to build for ... say @unixb0y. :P
@blumenkraft huh. That’s a good point. I didn’t know that. I wonder if @unixb0y would even be interested in poking around the twitter api...
@nitinkhanna no, i mean for Pnut. what is Twitter anyway. ;)
@blumenkraft for pnut that would be coooool
@blumenkraft what would be the detailed idea for the App? 😊
/@nitinkhanna
@unixb0y sending you a push notification if a specified hashtag is mentioned on global (if i understand that right). @nitinkhanna
@blumenkraft @unixb0y oh dear lord no.

Just having posts related to a hashtag show up in your stream, even if you don’t follow the person who posted it.

For a low volume network like this, sure, push notifications might be cool. If they don’t blow up.
@nitinkhanna i see, that's nice too. :) // @unixb0y
@blumenkraft I’m not sure whether it’s a good idea to implement following of hashtags in the client or if it should be a backend / API thing.
/@nitinkhanna
@unixb0y @blumenkraft @nitinkhanna The API's set up with app streams for notifications, so that people can build notifications however they want.

Ch.eer.io might still have this functionality, though I'm not sure if it's running right now. /@ravisorg
@33MHz the follow hashtags feature is gone on ch.eer.io. // @nitinkhanna @unixb0y @33mhz @ravisorg
@33MHz nice! I didn’t look at them yet but I will once I find the time to finish my new client 😊
/@ravisorg @nitinkhanna @blumenkraft
@33MHz @ravisorg @nitinkhanna @blumenkraft @unixb0y Or maybe flip on the email notifications, mark sender as VIP, then configure Mail notifications? Automatic push notifications via email. ;)
@jws The E-mail notifications are getting better! Stream-marker aware for channels... :}
@jws there are email notifications for hashtags?
/@blumenkraft @nitinkhanna @ravisorg @33MHz
@unixb0y @33MHz @ravisorg @nitinkhanna @blumenkraft nope, got wires crossed with @shawn wanting just normal reply notifications 😅
@unixb0y Insta definitely seems to have done it as a client thing. I was using an older version of their app and it didn't show me the hashtag posts at all. The new one does. @blumenkraft
@nitinkhanna oh right now I remember :D
/@blumenkraft