I'm right handed but I always open safes with my left hand. Do you do anything with your off-hand?
@Ronnie Yes, I do *anything* with my off-hand. My kids leave me no choice more often than not ;-)
@schmidt_fu Yes... Kids. Good point. Mine are older now.
@Ronnie so they stopped climbibg your arms like a tree? That would make many things easier :-)
@schmidt_fu my 19-year old just stopped last week. Thank goodness. It was getting a little awkward.
@schmidt_fu and a little heavy.
@Ronnie Yeah, I imagine *weight* becomes a problem of it's own then. I started lifting things that became lighter than my kids some years ago, and the training effect shows ;-)
@Ronnie I broke my right arm as a child and can't turn my right palm face up. That impacts a lot of things, enough that I don't even think about it.
@phoneboy Wow! Does it still hurt?
@Ronnie If it still hurt 35 years later, it'd be a real problem. As I said, I've lived with it so long that I hardly notice it anymore. It still occasionally throws my wife off, though.
@phoneboy I bet you don't do very well with patty cake.
@Ronnie patty cake is fine, it's the "down low fives" I have an issue with.
@phoneboy I hit a street sign, while not sober, 20+ years ago and my pinky still randomly hurts.
@Ronnie nerve damage. :(
@phoneboy probably. I just live with it. Don't try to hit a street sign with a mag light and ram your hand into said street sign while traveling in a car at fast speed.
@Ronnie You have a random pinky??

@phoneboy
@Ronnie I'm right-handed but I bat and golf left-handed.
@larand @Ronnie Born favoring my left hand but it was slammed in a car door when I was three and I nearly lost fingers. Became right handed after that. The only vestige of leftyhood remaining is that I bat left-handed.
@GTWilson @Ronnie My theory is that it's because my dad taught me how to hold a bat. He was born left-handed and was forced to switch when he went to school in the 1930s. But they didn't make him switch for batting, so...
@larand that's interesting.
@Ronnie I'm left-handed but shake hands conventionally, and, er… this: http://bazbt3.github.io/2014/05/17/Shame/
@bazbt3 Interesting story. I guess you don't have an issue with your small hands?
@Ronnie Exactly. And if it so happens that something becomes impossible I get my tool out.