Found myself rewatching Edge of Tomorrow for the Nth time recently. What comfort movies do you enjoy watching?

Movie Club <=> [patter.chat]
@thedoctor I can probably watch Ghostbusters daily and not get tired of it. And Airplane.
@Streakmachine @thedoctor as a huge Jason Bourne fan, the original three are such comfort watching for me.
@habanero @shawn @Streakmachine I should rewatch the Bourne trilogy. They are a great set of films! Ghostbusters is a spooky season film for me.
@Streakmachine @shawn @habanero Blade Runner 2049 is my other comfort re-watch. It is a great homage to the original and the film score is so epic!!
@thedoctor all great picks. Others I’ve rewatched endlessly are Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Mission Impossible (III to present), Fellowship of the Ring, and Serenity. Surprised to also include The Devil Wears Prada in there too actually
/@Streakmachine @habanero
@thedoctor But it isn’t a sequel to The Final Cut, which is the canonical version.
/@Streakmachine @shawn @habanero
@jacobrealo The different versions of BR are all telling the same story, just through different lenses. I see it akin to the disciples recounting their travels with Jesus in the Bible. @habanero @shawn @streakmachine
@jacobrealo each disciple was there, but emphasized different things in their version of events. Also, can you clarify what details from the FC mean 2049 is not a sequel? @habanero @shawn @streakmachine
@thedoctor The unicorn scene. It confirms Deckard is a replicant. Gaff knew this. He simply shouldn’t be in the sequel because his expiration date of supposedly four years (assuming he was a Nexus-6).
/@habanero @shawn @streakmachine
@jacobrealo I don't think BR is big enough for a canon universe either - it is two closely related stories (BR and 2049) and a few shorts in between the films to explain the setting of 2049. @habanero @shawn @streakmachine
@thedoctor Well Amazon is making a TV spin-off, Blade Runner 2099 (and their is that anime on [adult swim]; haven’t watched that) starring Michelle Yeoh.
@thedoctor There is also the comic book Blade Runner 2019 but I’m not aware if this is canon.