Can someone tell me which Mac this is? 🤔 I can’t find the model..
cookie jar (i)
@unixb0y Looks like G4 Cube [en.m.wikipedia.org] with Studio Display [en.m.wikipedia.org].
@keage @unixb0y Confirmed; I’ve got one. Beautiful design (ended up in a museum), but unsuccessful and short-lived product. How the innards pop out and are put together is pretty neat.
@anth Ah cool thanks! :-) How much do you think the one in the picture is worth? I just had a brief look on eBay and they seem more expensive than other stuff of that era (like G4 / G5) / @keage
@unixb0y Not sure how to price it, but they’re certainly worth more than most contemporary equipment. You pay extra for design that ends up non MoMA. :-) They’re also comparatively rare (largely because the were expensive even then). / @keage
@unixb0y yeah! I still have mine but it won’t boot anymore. Not sure if I will ever fix it. It’s so beautiful though!
@mandy It is really nice :D I know someone whose landlady always gives him stuff like computers etc. and she already asked him if he wants it but he denied since it's old as hell, but he asked me if I'm interested, let's see if it runs 😊
@unixb0y Yes get that whole setup! The monitor and speakers make it perfect together. I had mine running 10.5 at the end but it was best with 10.3 IMO. @doctorlinguist would suggest 10.4 I’m sure!
@mandy Ok I will try 😊 He just mentioned me that it runs, but there's a password so I'll reinstall the OS anyway :) Now I'll just need to get an iso of 10.3-10.5 😁 Maybe he actually has a CD though. / @doctorlinguist
@unixb0y You will love it! I do think its famous silence is overrated if it has the original hard disk - the disk was loud! It it easy to replace with a quieter one. @doctorlinguist
@mandy Maybe pop an SSD in there, if possible @unixb0y @doctorlinguist
@mandy I read it is fanless, pretty cool 😊 Okay haha, SSD FTW, a couple GB will suffice 😉 / @doctorlinguist
@unixb0y I had that one and this one as well long ago.
cookie jar (i)