Time to consider Wexit from Wales!😳 They're selling chocolate sandwiches up there that have nothing to do with Nutella...hard shell chocolate pieces in a BAP...THE UNION IS DOOMED
cookie jar (i)
@trine I MEAN!!! Even your basic chocolate spread if you can't stretch to Nutella would be fine and acceptable
@Jacarandachick this is hilarious. Good thing it's orange flavored chocolate!
@Wife bless you for accentuating the positives...Orange chocolate is one of the better chocolates after all ;)
@Jacarandachick And lettuce?! Chocolate and lettuce?! WTF?
@schoeni not even @bondman would countenance this salty/sweet combo...have to look at Wales sideways from now on πŸ˜’
@Jacarandachick umm...yeah, you know that I'm all for #TeamSaltySweet. But there are still good vs awful pairings... blech! 😝 @schoeni
@bondman Is lettuce even considered salty? It's just...tasteless... @Jacarandachick
@schoeni @bondman you are right, the salting could've been provided by butter on that dry ass baguette but NOOOOO...Cardiff too good for lubricated bread #whatatime #endofdays
@schoeni @bondman also...good morning you two :)
@Jacarandachick g'morning!! 😁 I have not tried Nutella on buttered toast. But that sounds like something I need to try soon.
🌰🍞 @schoeni
@bondman Nutella crêpes are one of the most amazing saltysweet combos πŸ˜‹
@bondman @schoeni i mean Nutella on hot buttered toast is delish...but a straight up chocolate bar wrapped in lettuce on an un-buttered baguette is so offensive in its laziness
I vote #wexit because some sandwich combos cannot be forgiven!
@Jacarandachick πŸ‘Š well said, Miyanda! Missed ya, fellow #TeamSaltySweet partner! πŸ€— @schoeni
@bondman @schoeni lol I had a slight moment of doubt...."Team SaltySweet is Tim's thing I thinkπŸ€”* and then the old ADN memories flooded back :)
How's your day been, surely you're in #sleepnut mode rn?
@Jacarandachick hehe...oh, you were among the founding #TeamSaltySweet constituents. Let me refresh your memory with the starting team line up:

@jacarandachick @charlesg @rpluta @wickedgood @cano @be

// @schoeni you sound interested...you in? πŸ˜‰
@bondman Well, I like salty sweet if it's not chocolate on lettuce. I'm in! @jacarandachick @charlesg @cano @Jacarandachick
@schoeni the chocolate and lettuce pairing is an abomination. So welcome! #TeamSaltySweet!! 😁 @charlesg @cano @Jacarandachick
@der_Jeff dark or milk? πŸ˜€
@der_Jeff yes! That stuff is dangerous. Hard to stop. @schoeni @charlesg @cano @Jacarandachick
@der_Jeff someone at my work brings in homemade ones every Christmas holiday. I prefer the dark variety but, when chocolate is paired with pretzels, they're all good! @schoeni @charlesg @cano @Jacarandachick
@bondman @cano @charlesg @schoeni @der_Jeff
*whispers* I have never liked any pretzel I've tried
*tiptoes away from this convo*
@charlesg @bondman @cano @schoeni @der_Jeff honestly I don't understand how they work well on everyone's taste buds 😢 The savouryness has an aftertaste I don't enjoy...Pretzels just confuzz me πŸ˜”
@der_Jeff @cano @charlesg @bondman @schoeni oh the crisp ones of various sizes that are always brittle and taste of sawdust -maybe I've just been doing pretzels wrong?
@der_Jeff I love chocolate covered pretzels too! So good! πŸ˜‹ /@jacarandachick @schoeni @bondman @charlesg @Jacarandachick
@cano @Jacarandachick @bondman @schoeni @jacarandachick @der_Jeff

Trader Joe's makes a peanut butter filled pretzel covered in dark chocolate. I can eat the whole bag in one sitting.
@charlesg I can imagine myself doing the same. Wait, how big is the bag that we're talking about? @jacarandachick @schoeni @Jacarandachick @cano @der_Jeff
@charlesg that's about the size of a single serving bag. Just casually ignore the nutritional facts and you're good to go. πŸ™ˆ @jacarandachick @schoeni @der_Jeff @cano @Jacarandachick
@charlesg @cano @Jacarandachick @bondman @schoeni @jacarandachick @der_Jeff presently finishing off a 1# bar of Trader Joe's Belgian milk chocolate with almonds…because I ran out of the dark. Celebrating grandpahood with Scotch at 9:AM would not work.
@prometheus @der_Jeff @jacarandachick @schoeni @bondman @Jacarandachick @cano

I respectfully disagree-- celebrating with Scotch seems perfectly appropriate! Congrats!
@der_Jeff @charlesg @bondman @schoeni @jacarandachick @cano Thank you, I am glad to have friends who can do my drinking for me. There is also the reproach of that empty bottle of cabernet sauvignon on the table, tapped prematurely last night. All's well.
@charlesg @der_Jeff I think I left out the part about operating heavy machinery and climbing ladders … its a very strange retirement I have going here.
@Jacarandachick @der_Jeff @charlesg Thank you, dears. News was embargoed because new mom and dad wanted to be first to tell…but they have no idea y'all exist so no leak here.
@prometheus I don't think your grandchild is ready for operating heavy machinery yet. Babies are notoriously hard to teach manual labor to. @der_Jeff
@charlesg @der_Jeff have some more Scotch. You have to see what the kid will do with a couple of shots under his belt.
@charlesg @der_Jeff @jacarandachick @schoeni @bondman @Jacarandachick @cano oh God... what are they called? You know, so I don't buy them lol.
@Eyes Oh, if you go into any Trader Joe's, they are in the bagged snack aisle. Just telling you so you can avoid them. They have the utilitarian name of 'Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels'

@cano @Jacarandachick @bondman @schoeni @jacarandachick @der_Jeff
@charlesg oh I'll be sure to steer well away from them. Probably the only way I can avoid buying all of them!
@bondman @schoeni @cano @charlesg this line up has excellent taste πŸ˜‹
@Jacarandachick yeah #sleepNutting for sure...😴
It's busy (like...always!)
I have a quick two day business trip. I get to hang out in a beautiful place that I won't be able to enjoy because we're working. πŸ˜’
// @schoeni
@schoeni "...tuna mayo and liquorish baguettes..." 🀒 @Jacarandachick
@schoeni @bondman haha I'm willing to embrace Wales again #antiwexit
@Jacarandachick That is the most amazing thing I have seen for some time. Where exactly was this? (hello!, btw :))
@po @Jacarandachick Extraordinary. But very wrong.
@archel @po heheh...reduced but still *fresh*
cookie jar (i)
@Jacarandachick Wait. Is that a licorice sub sandwich? πŸ˜§πŸ˜΅πŸ‘ΌπŸ½ @archel @po
@saket @po @archel in Cardiff they live life differently than we do 😳
@po heyhey!! Nice to see you again 😊
Not sure of the exact town but it's somewhere in Wales...and I have an even more disturbing pic to come...
@Jacarandachick Did you see it yourself? It's real? that is really something. Are you living in Wales now?
@po I didn't but it didn't take Twitter too long to verify these are very real in Cardiff lol -went on hols there once as a kid...I suspect it's very different now.
@Jacarandachick just posted these on fb, friend is cardiff trying to track them down. that last one is pure madness.
@po oh please report back -I'd love to know how civilisation in Cardiff arrived at this point πŸ€“
@Jacarandachick I'm quite sure this is some wonderful marketing to get some "WTFs?!" on the internet.
If it's not I'm moving to a different country...
@coopey objective achieved if that's the case lol
Is the beautiful Wales where you live?
@Jacarandachick Yes, I am most fortunate. :-D
@coopey indeed! What part of Wales are you in?