Coffee beans in the fridge or freezer, do you do it and how long does it stay decent for?
@igmp_join I used to, but now I just keep them in the cabinet.
@kyle @igmp_join I also store coffee beans in the cabinet.
@thedoctor @kyle @mandy but for how long?
I'm pretty sure my beans from.. November aren't gonna be good any more, but I'm curious to know more about potential longevity of them.
@igmp_join honestly, I have beans a year old that are still good. If they’re sealed, I’ve had bags last two years. I only have one bag open at a time, and I finish that.
/@mandy @thedoctor
@kyle key word there is "sealed"
I think the Internet agrees that old, opened, refrigerated beans are still good for cold brew. With the weather, that sounds like a good idea anyways.

@thedoctor @mandy
@igmp_join old beans are fine, and still have plenty of flavor, as long as the oils haven’t turned rancid. // @mandy @thedoctor @kyle
@Wife rancid coffee oil would be a good band name
/@thedoctor @mandy @igmp_join
@kyle @igmp_join @thedoctor @Wife I used to get beans from World Market. Once I must have had several rancid beans in a bag. Had to clean out the grinder after that. Everything tasted bad until I tracked down the reason.
@kyle @mandy @igmp_join I also only keep one bag of beans open at one time, except for the decaf coffee. I wonder how long that has been open.
@igmp_join no idea!
The internet will tell you lots of conflicting information about food storage.
We often have extra ginger juice after making kombucha & try to save it for next time, just assuming it stays good in the fridge but honestly have no idea.