I see the new #Signal app has landed on my phone. I'm happy they are starting to do things better by hiding your phone number and letting you share a username. But I wonder if it'll be enough to increase my use of the app. 🤔
cookie jar (o)

Original Gangsta

@thrrgilag yeah, slow improvements. but the major thing for me is always who else is using it. It's the text messaging platform I default to, but if the people I want to talk to aren't on it, it doesn't work.
@igmp_join @thrrgilag I just don't do much private messaging, especially not with friends. 😆
@33MHz @thrrgilag @igmp_join I am glad Signal finally added usernames but I hate that it must have a number. I’ve always worked very hard to find usernames without numbers.
@33MHz @thrrgilag @igmp_join that said, the people I talk with most are on Signal. One group of old friends is an iMessage group and another friend group is plain SMS. Getting people to change is a struggle, which is unfortunate.
@thedoctor yeah I’ve given up the fight to get people to change. Which is why this improvement on Signal helps me being more comfortable using it with those who prefer it over others.
/@igmp_join @33MHz
@igmp_join @thrrgilag friction is too high for what little I do, so it's always SMS, Email… Common standard, hardware that has it built in.