Dos anyone know the magical threshold to avoid getting iOS notifications that say I am low on storage space?
I have 1.7 GB of free space. Not a lot with my 64 GB iPhone (#TeamAppdiction after all). But not a crisis either.
@bondman probably some fraction of how big OS updates are. Likely variable.
@adiabatic I wish I could turn off that notification. They should have a "snooze" or "dismiss forever" option.
@bondman they probably want you to keep space around just in case. Automatic, seamless updates aren't if they run out of space during the patching process.

Can't you yank the 10–20 least useful apps off your phone and re-get them later if you need them?
@adiabatic one could see these notifications as a way to sell you on using iCloud. Whenever it comes up, it "suggests" you to use iCloud to store your photos. I don't mind a suggestion once. But multiple times is tiring.
@adiabatic On the upgrade front, iOS will actually, with your permission, remove some apps to make room for the upgrade. Then reinstall then after the upgrade is done. I've opted for that a couple of times. Works fine.
[Deleted]
@der_Jeff not RAM (if I got my terms correct). Not sure how much RAM I have. The 1.7 GB is storage space (SSD?)
[Deleted]
@der_Jeff I rarely have 5 GB of free space and have been able to upgrade. Had trouble with 10.3 but other than that.
[Deleted]
@der_Jeff Newer ones I think are clever about deleting some system apps, running, then reinstalling. Make space, use it, put stuff back. @bondman
[Deleted]
@bondman same issue here. With ~2GB it finally went away. 64GB also 😂
@unixb0y yeah, just noticed that the incessant iCloud storage notifications stopped. I just checked and I do have just over 2gb. That must be close to the magic number. :-)
@bondman I recently dropped under the threshhold unfortunately 😂
Dude this way they take you away 2GB .... Even if you do have iCloud enabled, pretty sure that it will always appear 🤦🏻‍♂️
I hope you can disable it in iOS 11...
@unixb0y a turn off feature would be lovely in iOS 11 but I'm not holding my breath. ;-)
I remember thinking that 64gb should be plenty of room. I should have kept #TeamAppdiction in mind and splurged on a 128gb. LOL
@bondman yup, same here ;-) But really: That is just taking the users away 2GB worth of space! That's such a design flaw!
Haha 128GB was way too expensive for me 😂 100€ plus... that's a 1TB HDD at the store :P
@unixb0y yeah, I know. I think that why I opted for the mid level, sticker shock! 😳💸
Oh well, if all goes well, I plan to upgrade with the next gen...whenever that is. I think mid level will be 128gb with 256gb iPhone as the top-of-the-line.
@bondman yup :)
Yeah, that's true, they usually change the standard, middle and top level storage options while keeping the same prices :)
Which they should as storage gets more and more dirt cheap these days :D