hackers
Share your hacking ideas and feats. Come out and play!

Glued blessings
Clubbies

Shiny is better.

Pnut needs more users. How to grow this community…?

I feel the cost to keep my iOS app and nutcracker website running is getting to high for the amount of users it has. Also almost no new users getting in. Thinking about shutting my stuff down next year.
Noice!
I have the basic functionality working, but there are a lot of ways to make it more efficient.
There are going to be some helpers, if you just want to automatically show up as "online" in the channel any time you post a message in it, or look at the channel messages, etc.
I made a lot of progress on per-channel user presences this morning. #dev
cookie jar (b)

From blessing 1218083

No such luck. Maybe in a week or two. 😛
Maybe tomorrow I figure out how to prop myself at my desktop so I can code while I recover....
I've been trying to upgrade @beta for a while, but I'm not well set up on my laptop for hacking. Also have a pnut API update in the works.
Sunday is pnut's 7 th anniversary! If you have any ideas how to celebrate or want to participate, lemme know!
cookie jar (b)

From blessing 1212826

I fixed some @legibot bugs!
cookie jar (b)

From blessing 1197339

Firefox extensions still allow referencing the "window", but Chromium doesn't have that context.
It’s fun to revisit old code.
cookie jar (o)

Original Gangsta

I need to change a lot of code for the Chrome version, because a lot of things aren't allowed anymore.
Wow, haha. Last time I updated it was 2018-05-26. 😅 😬 v0.3.0 is in the Firefox addon directory…
I'm updating #brusque to use API v1, WebExtensions manifest V3, and handle a few things better.
OK, now I'm thinking about nuclear features, like pnut crawling any links posted to Global, and providing an interface to what it finds. Just as a source for the crawl, but also as a nice indexing feature. Want to be able to look into a website? Post the link. A little while later it'll be in the index.

Probably lots of sticky legal/customer service things with crawled indexes. Might as well play with it not in any official way, just to see what I can come up with. The goal is to decontextualize whatever it finds.
I'm looking into web crawlers. Would like to walk around the Internet and do some dummy things, maybe post results of something interesting.
@thrrgilag It would be the post, just tagging it. Yeah, a channel would be straight forward for adding/removing from a list… Could even make channels per-year.
@33MHz regarding the "life updates", would that be something tracked in special channel? Or would it be something added to the posts?
cookie jar (o)

Original Gangsta

that can allow to bypass secure boot for instance.

Anything old?