@rafaelcosta received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine last month!
@thedoctor Makes sense hahahaha! Congrats!
@rafaelcosta are you trying to get signed up for the vaccine?
@thedoctor Still only for doctors and 90+ year old people here in Brazil. Longways to go before my 22-year old arm gets it 😭
@rafaelcosta I mean, those are high priority groups, but it feels like you should be farther along in the vaccination process. Not that the US is doing much better, mind you.
@thedoctor We’re still on 4 million first doses applied (out of a total of 220 million people). Both vaccines we’re using widely (AstraZeneca’s, imported from India and Sinovac’s CoronaVac, imported from China) are in low supply :/
@thedoctor There is the prospect of approving Russia’s Sputnik V, but it is still in progress. From what the government says, with CoronaVac and AstraZeneca’s we should have ~200 million. With Sputnik V’s local production, we’d be up to ~300 million doses.
@thedoctor Also: no prospect of getting the RNA ones here :(
@thedoctor
/@rafaelcosta yeah, I’m never getting the vaccine. I’m not an anti-vaxxer or anything but I live in Fairfax county Va so I doubt they’ll ever get their act together.
@Eyes @thedoctor Seriously considering flying to Russia as soon as the border opens to get Sputnik V. Brazil’s president is anti-vaxxer at times. Recommends HCQ and Ivermectin. The Health Ministry recommended high enough doses that caused liver failure.
@rafaelcosta
/@thedoctor think you can get it in Dubai as well.
@rafaelcosta No yet, but my mom just got her first dose today!