@mikehoss Very interesting - I am thinking about notes a lot lately. Will have to look into that Z thing you mention. You seem to be talking about digital notes but I have digital and handwriting. Someday my Blackboards might replace all my notebooks.
@mandy if it's not digital then I probably won't find it again. but that's just me. The original was literally a cabinet of notecards. But the idea is that you go from note to note, following links to show new ideas. (cont)
@mandy like my blog post.. I didn't start off with that quote at the end in there but I found it while looking for the book to link to, yet it was perfect for what I was trying to say.

There is no sense taking notes if you aren't going to use them
@mikehoss Well. “No sense” is a little harsh. I think I do remember what I write down a little better (though I can’t prove it). I take notes during every sermon and hope it helps me remember since I rarely review.
@mandy true.

The idea is that everything goes into place and is tagged and linked. So looking up one thing leads you down a road of your ideas you did not know we're connected. Like Wikipedia
@mikehoss Do you sometimes not know what to record at all?

Just wrapping up PLC to Zebra print engine work and my notes aren’t more helpful than just looking at the logic all over again. It was “make it work” instead of “learn and understand.”
@mandy sometimes its after the fact. And yeah sometimes I don't know :/

I will say ipad pro with an apple pencil is great for writing to text. It understands mine and that isnt trivial
@mikehoss However maybe using #BBBlackboard and Carbon Copy Pen, and handwriting recognition in OneNote can even help me find handwritten notes. Just need to find relevant notes while searching, as you say.