I need to buy a new monitor. The screen of my old iiyama is all washed up, no more contrast. I suppose there's cheap 27" that are of acceptable quality now, will have to look at that.
@ericd I'm looking at expanding my screen setup too. Would love a high quality display, but I'll probably be looking for the cheapest and used alternative. Just like always.
@Streakmachine Eh, same. I stare at it everyday so I should choose high quality, but my budget is already virtually gone for next month and I don't feel like waiting, so I guess I will buy a cheap one again. But I'm told there's good cheap ones nowadays...
@ericd Fortunately that seems to be the case. I have started to look at older prosumer stuff, which is pretty good spec, but affordable.
@ericd From what I've gathered from many people, Dell monitors are often the best option in terms of price/quality
@jenni I usually avoid Dell monitors because of their bulky aspect. But I'll had a look, maybe there's new ones I could like. :)
@ericd You could pick up that new 8K one! ;) @jenni
@cgiffard 8k... wow. But I guess it's at least an order of magnitude more expensive than my budget. 😂 @jenni
@ericd Probably just one order, though. :) @jenni
@cgiffard Mm, yeah. Otherwise it would have to be a *really* good monitor. 😉 @jenni
@ericd If you don't want to go Dell it seems like LG is currently the other big one with good monitors. but i have no experience with theirs @cgiffard
@ericd @jenni Yes I have a DELL and it's quite thick. But really good build quality and for the time it must have been quite a good image quality (only VGA and DVI - I suppose I could get a bit more out of it using DVI).