Think of the children!

One time notice: I marked this post as NSFW for a reason. If you don’t like what you see here please do not open any nsfw posts by me in the future. Thanks

β€ͺOxford epidemiologists: suppression strategy is not viable‬.

https://youtu.be/Z3plSbCbkSA

#covid

Think of the children!

Also: with some clients you can mute the hashtag #covid which I will use in these type of posts.

Be well and be safe always πŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œ.

Think of the children!

I hope pnut.io doesn’t have a policy like this one: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9891785?hl=en

I might get banned because of such a policy πŸ˜†

#covid
@ludolphus "Videos alleging that if you avoid Asian food, you won’t get the coronavirus" huh!

Think of the children!

@33MHz uhm sadly it is worse than that, what and who gets banned I mean. The only word I have for it is censorship. And look at me self censoring here by marking nsfw, it’s just sad.
@ludolphus Pnut's policies are pretty lax. :}
@33MHz I thank you for that πŸ˜€
@ludolphus It grieves me that you felt like you should hide this. Thanks for posting it, the notes were interesting so I plan to watch the whole thing.
cookie jar (l)

Hot topic

@mandy yeah I did that because the topic is a bit heated everywhere. Seeing accounts of high profile people getting locked because they have a different opinion, video’s being removed from YT which are just interviews with doctors etc that do not comply with WHO and/or local government views. It takes only one scientist to prove all others wrong. In science there is discussion, new discoveries and ideas, change of views all the time right? Why is this all of a sudden not allowed anymore? It all doesn’t make sense anymore to me. I try to look at it logically and objectively. The phycological impact it all has on people. What’s happening to the economy, small businesses, self employed people (I’m doing fine btw), social contacts, isolation mandatory or self induced. Yes there people died. Yes there is a virus, but those have always been here and will probably be with us always. Isn’t it better to try to live with it as best as possible. It is not possible to save everyone. People die, we all do at some point. What is an acceptable amount of deaths for any cause (fill in any diseases, accidents, drug abuse including alcohol and cigarettes, etc). I know these are not infectious but some and maybe even many deaths due to these causes could be prevented. Smoking kills many people and not just those who smoke, do ‘we’ stop smoking? No! Why not? Ironically from the who.int site: “Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.” Please don’t smoke near me πŸ˜‰…

Read on Longpo.st

cookie jar (l)

"Scientism"

@ludolphus Well said. Sometimes I wonder if people have been taught what CS Lewis called “scientism” instead of the meaning of science. Are we expected to bow in defeat if someone shouts “science!” at us? As you say, there must be ongoing examination of facts and use of logic. Disagreement is good, because it helps us find our biases and blind spots.…

Read on Longpo.st

@mandy thanks, makes me feel better.
@ludolphus Financial, mental health, and other physical health problems have been caused and I pray the leaders will reflect back someday and learn well. Was it worth it? Time will tell.
@mandy we will survive financially somehow I guess. The Netherlands had a drop of about 8% last quarter. That's fairly low compared to many other countries, some even dropped more than 20%.

I hope they reflect and change course soon.
@mandy it’s like our dietary guidelines, which are clearly causing people to become sick and diabetic. They can’t admit they were wrong. Seems like what’s going on with COVID-19 too.

/@ludolphus
@phoneboy yes and with this virus it seems all countries are doing almost the same, that's odd. @mandy
@ludolphus Lockdowns are, at best, delaying the inevitable. They won’t kill the virus, but they are definitely killing the economy. And causing deaths in other areas (like suicides, or medical conditions not getting examined) that will never be counted.
@phoneboy the collateral damage will be or already is way worse..