Sorry I haven't been here much.

Currently in hospital for DHF (dengue hemorrhagic fever). I can't wait to get out, it's getting soooo boring here! 😩
@elyse when I was on Penang we had a guy in the ICU with a really bad case of dengue. I just remember him shaking, he was in such pain.
@doctorlinguist Yeah, thankfully the worst has passed. Now I'm just recovering and waiting for the platelet count to increase even more.
@elyse that's right, I remember you mentioned you had some platelet dyscrasia before.
@doctorlinguist Yes, indeed. It has jumped back to normal now, thankfully. I hope it stays that way ☺️
@elyse you're welcome! :/
@elyse oh noes. :(
get well soon.
@elyse Ouch! How're you feeling? (Bored is a given!)
Will you be there much longer?

boxed-in koalas,
have been known to bite when bored,
so handle with care

#almosthaiku
@ukhaiku I'm feeling much better, thank you! πŸ€—
Love the #almosthaiku πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸΌ
@elyse Sorry to hear! Hope those platelets soar. :(
@33MHz Thanks, Robert! It just soared almost quadrupled today ✌🏼
@elyse OMG! that sucks!
hope you feel better soon!
@jenni Thanks Jenni! I'm currently watching Eintracht from the hospital room πŸ˜† Thankfully there's football on TV, otherwise I wouldn't have known what to do on Sat night here, so boring... πŸ˜…
@elyse sorry you have to watch that....
but yeah at least something to occupy the time
@jenni It's the only one on Fox Sports right now πŸ˜…
But it's pretty fun so far xD
Great to kill the time while waiting for Gladbach vs BVB 😚
@elyse your definition of fun obviously is different πŸ˜‰ we aren't playing well at all.
Tonight's game definitely is the one for you then
@jenni Hahah well... "fun" is when I'm not rooting for any team πŸ˜‚ It'll be fun for you later tonight and suffering for me XD
@elyse well I meant it in the sense that I think even objectively it is not a good game. Though it has improved this half
@jenni By the way, have I told you that I love your theme song? (What is it called, the song before the match starts?)
@elyse it is called "Im Herzen von Europa" and the recording they use is from 1976 by the Frankfurt police choir
@jenni Is it called a "theme song"? I never knew what they call this song we sing before each match hahah..

Yes, it's a very lively song, love it! <3
@elyse afaik they call it a Stadionhymne so stadium anthem but sometimes they are also referred to as Vereinslied so club song
@jenni Thanks for the info! 😘
@elyse also: my nerves!!!
@jenni Congrats for the win, totally deserving!
I feel bad for Marwin Hitz though, Augsburg defense is non-existent πŸ˜…
@elyse their defense stood very good in the first half but in the second they lost their rhythm I think But very glad they did. Finally we are over 40 points
@jenni Usually, reaching the 40 point mark (although there are exceptions) means you are safe to stay in the division for another year. At least it's a cause of relief.

@elyse
@joe German league 40 has always been enough so we should be on the save side thankfully

// @elyse
@jenni MY SUFFERING IS OVERRRR AHHHHH what a matchhh πŸ˜†
Sorry @joe, I got too excited cos my club goes to third place with the win just now! πŸ˜†
@elyse I'm glad you both aren't fans of Bayern nor Red Bull Leipzig.

@jenni
@elyse not even for a lot of money...
// @joe
@jenni That RB in the name isn't fooling anyone. We all know it's Red Bull. Honestly, I despise them more than Bayern because of the way they operate.

@elyse
@joe unfortunately the rules allow it. But at least so far we don't have the investor problem as the English league has. They are guarding more against that.
Wolfsburg and Leverkusen are similarly financed as RB (Hannover as well)
// @elyse
@jenni I do know Hannover has similar funding also I know them well since Steve Cherondolo (US defender and captain) used to play for them.

@elyse
@jenni Good to hear. At least my German team BVB got a good result today after their challenges lately.

@elyse
@joe Ah yes we like the same team!! πŸ™ŒπŸΌ @jenni
@elyse They're a very classy club, one of the best in the sport.

@jenni
@joe Although it's a bittersweet match cos I kinda like Gladbach too. And of course because Jonas Hofmann is now there ☺️ @jenni
@elyse sorry to hear that. Being stuck in a hospital sounds lame!
@thedoctor Not for long! I'm discharged tomorrow 😊
@elyse hooray! How's life outside the hospital treating you?
@thedoctor Other than my liver function not back to normal yet, it's business as usual xD
Thank you!
@elyse OMG! Hope you get better soon!
@elyse Glad to hear you're on the mend!
@elyse uff. Get well soon!
@elyse Oh my goodness! I hope you feel better and get out of the hospital soon. πŸ˜”
@cano Thank you! I will leave tomorrow, finally! πŸ˜†
@elyse Oh, great to hear! Did you get discharged as planned? Feeling better? I was thinking of you earlier today when I read an update on the bus story.
@cano Yes, I got discharged as planned yesterday. Still very tired in general, and my GERD is acting up all the time, but other than that I'm good. Just sleeping lots since I couldn't sleep much in the hospital. Thanks, Cano! x
@elyse Aw, that's so good to hear you're out and getting some rest. Yeah, hospitals are the absolute worse place to sleep or rest. Just take it easy and slow. 😊
@cano Thank you!
I just need to not push myself too much since my liver function is still not so good 😩
Esp. since I'm going to Europe in 10 days...
@elyse Get better soon!