Today might be the last straw with my doctor and I might be shopping for a new one.
@mandy we don't have a regular doctor, and it's bad! We had one briefly but she changed companies and we haven't found another.
@33MHz I'm uninclined to see my doctor in general, but I called today to see if it would be best for me to go in. But the office's top concern was about how to bill the visit if I did decide to go in!
@mandy that is unfortunate. :-( @33MHz
@doctorlinguist @33MHz at least with kids, they would probably say "yes come in" or "no stay home" but with me it was "did it happen at work?"
@mandy there may be a legal reason for that. at least here in California, the laws on who touches someone first after a work incident may limit how the patient can get workers' compensation. @33MHz
@mandy I'll see patients for work related issues, but I always have to warn them that it can affect how their claim is adjudicated. @33MHz
@doctorlinguist It would be better to present the pressing answer to my question and follow up with advice on where to go due to claims. I'm sure you're right though. @33MHz
@mandy I agree, that would be much better customer service. @33MHz
@doctorlinguist I'm sure your point about the law is valid. Not everyone calls in about electric shock... @33MHz
@mandy "cash or credit?" hmm
@mandy It is the same with me. I do not even get to see an actual doctor. I see a nurse practitioner.
@mandy I feel it's all about customer service and communication with doctors. Still so unfortunate that you have a falling out since looking for doctors that accept insurance is hard to find. Is it for a checkup or you have some condition?
@joe It should be fine for me to try my husband’s doctor. Never cared for mine and now the office made me upset. I got a 460V shock and needed to know if I should be checked out.
@mandy good grief (but a shock of that voltage is likely to kill you outright than maim you or leave residual damage).
@mandy ... meaning if you're alive, you're probably fine :P
@doctorlinguist I wasn’t grounded, and it was only one leg of the three phase. 460 would actually be inaccurate it was the three phase feeder.
@mandy then probably cutaneous effects at most. any arrhythmia or abnormal neurological activity would have already happened by now.
@doctorlinguist Hope so. I felt better as the day went on (other than extreme embarrassment) and the exchange I described essentially convinced me not to go unless it felt like the ER was needed.
@mandy 460V? Yikes!

A shock like that would have seriously injured people since I heard stories on various forums but looks like you’re doing okay (I guess). Did you feel it a lot?
@joe No, I was not grounded.
@mandy @badenough has experience with electrocution. He might've been told what to do after being electrocuted, and what's significant or not.
@33MHz @mandy Yeah I got pretty seriously shocked a few years back. My understanding is that if there is no visual damage you're probably okay. Although I was in the ICU because shock burns can sometimes unexpectedly swell causing you to loose circulation.
@Badenough @33MHz oh that’s awful
@mandy @33MHz well I inherited it genetically so it was bound to happen. My dad, my grandpa, and one of my aunts all had electrical accidents that were pretty severe.
@33MHz @mandy Although that was three years ago and it was all a bit of a blur to start with so I'm not sure I remember everything they said about shocks :P