Made a big mistake of uploading a lot of old photos to Google Photos without any exif data. It's gonna take a couple of hours to organize them now...
@ipod I love Google Photos. Love it.
@Ronnie Why so? What about privacy? @ipod
@sumudu @Ronnie despite privacy issues, it's a very convenient service. It's a life saver for my 16gb phone
@ipod I decided I deserved the best services and Google's services are better so I use Google.
@sumudu
@Ronnie So are you even using Google Mail and Notes? @ipod
@sumudu I use Google for almost everything.
@ipod Image [cl.ly]
cookie jar (i)
@Ronnie Do you curl up with it on lonely nights? @sumudu @ipod
@saket I'm curled up with it right now.
@sumudu @ipod
@saket @ipod @sumudu @Ronnie It's hard to keep it a secret. The glow from the phone illuminates the whole room.
@Shawna Creepy. 😳 Does he stroke his phone and call it 'precious'? @sumudu @ipod @Ronnie
@saket @Ronnie @ipod @sumudu Umm...I'm not sure I should divulge anymore bedroom habits.
#PnutAfterDark
@saket: @Shawna Creepy. 😳 Does he stroke his phone and call it 'precious'? @sumudu @ipod @Ronnie
@Ronnie @charlesg @Jacarandachick and I settled on #pnutsmut as the appropriate "afterdark" tag for this brave new network. 😜 What say you? @sumudu @ipod @Shawna
@saket I believe I have already given this nomenclature my blessing, since of this group I'll likely be using it the most. @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @Ronnie
@charlesg true dat....one of the many reasons why I adore you xx
@saket you 'should' use the nsfw feature of pnut, available in at least ChimPnut. Don't know about other clients yet. It will mark a post so clients can initially not show it.
// @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @charlesg @Ronnie
@ludolphus That setting's for babies and squares, daddy-o! @Ronnie @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Shawna @saket
@ludolphus It is cool such settings are possible within Pnut, but I think @charlesg's point is that #pnutsmut is meant to be fun. That's why it has its own hashtag! @Shawna @Ronnie @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick
@saket the pnut API provides it, I just implemented it.
// @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Ronnie @Shawna @charlesg
@saket @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Ronnie @Shawna @ludolphus Yes, that hashtag is really more about silly fun and double entendre than actually anything NSFW
@ludolphus @Ronnie @charlesg @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Shawna @saket I'm seeing some folks that seemingly have this flag on by accident.
@Eyes @saket @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @Ronnie @ludolphus

I haven't noticed, but not sure how it manifests itself. Or if I can turn on the ability to see NSFW posts or not.
@ludolphus Oh I think I knew how to mark it NSFW, but how do I see them? I am the opposite of delicate, and am happy to see my fellow Pnuts NSFW posts. @Eyes @saket @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @Ronnie
@charlesg there is a setting in ChimPnut settings 😀
// @Ronnie @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Shawna @saket @Eyes
@ludolphus not sure I've seen anyone mark a post as NSFW. What does it look like? @Eyes @saket @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @Ronnie @charlesg
@jacobrealo I don't have a screenshot but in chimp, instead of seeing the message it just says that the post has been flagged as NSFW, tap to see message.
@jacobrealo Some people unwittingly have NSFW turned on for all their posts..like @josephaleo's posts show up this way but his posts aren't really NSFW. 😐 @charlesg @Ronnie @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Shawna @saket @Eyes @ludolphus
cookie jar (i)
@cano It's interesting to me that this was built into Pnut. I don't recall it existing in ADN, or being an issue that it didn't. But maybe there was demand?

@ludolphus @Eyes @saket @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @Ronnie @josephaleo @jacobrealo
@charlesg @cano Preferably two things would happen here: users will have the option to self-report and be reported (individual posts). Apps will have options to auto-show or not (hey, auto-show from users I follow?)…
@33MHz I like the option to self-flag an individual post to be NSFW; but it seems (because of the way it has been implemented in some cases) that the default is to mark all of a user's posts that way. @cano
@charlesg @cano It's also a setting in your Account option if for some reason you want to instead mark individual posts as "not" NSFW…
@33MHz I never thought NSFW content was ever a major issue on ADN, but obviously I could be really wrong about that. Or I just have laxer standards. So I was surprised to see it here. @cano
@charlesg I didn't think there were major issues on ADN, either. But it does have a lot of history on other networks, and I wanted to give people more tools.
@cano
@charlesg @cano I think you shouldn't worry about it, and when reporting is an option, you'll see if people prefer some of your posts should be NSFW, and then you'll decide if you care… etc… :)
@33MHz Not so much worried as thoughtful. I tend not to post anything really NSFW or offensive despite my fearsome rep. 😉 @cano
@charlesg @cano @33MHz there were definitely some nsfw bits on ADN.
@charlesg @cano @33MHz I saw multiple picture posts that were nsfw on ADN in global. Glad I wasn't at work lol.
@Eyes After a point Global in ADN became a no-no for me in general. @33MHz @cano
@33MHz Ah, I found it...you're right! It's a toggle right there in Account setting. Ok, that's the fix. Thanks! @charlesg
@33MHz Makes sense...but is it possible some accounts have it turned on for all their posts by mistake? If so, how could one fix that? @charlesg
@33MHz It makes it seem as if the expectation is that either there will be lots of NSFW posts, or that the definition what is unacceptable to post is very broad. @cano
@charlesg It's a soft filter, and it's very vague; I expect people to self-regulate how much it matters to them and what should or shouldn't use it.
@cano
@33MHz And I recognize that different apps/clients will implement differently. It has just caused me to think is all. @cano
@charlesg Oh boy! Causing Charles to think. Everyone please stand back.
@33MHz @cano
cookie jar (i)
@charlesg You should've marked that GIF NSFW! 😂😂 @33MHz @cano @Ronnie
@33MHz @cano

I was wondering about this before, but this has made me think lots about what constitutes acceptable/unacceptable in terms of content here.
@charlesg Well, truth be told, the after dark crew was pretty tame though compared to a few things I stumbled across on global...lol 😱🙈 @jacobrealo @josephaleo @Ronnie @Jacarandachick @sumudu @ipod @Shawna @saket @Eyes @ludolphus
@ludolphus Oh, @33MHz might have cleared it up for us...@josephaleo probably unknowingly has the NSFW toggle switched on in Account on Pnut.io. @jaminguy
@jaminguy @33MHz @ludolphus @josephaleo Yeah, some people probably accidentally flipped this toggle in Pnut Account settings:
cookie jar (i)
@cano @josephaleo @ludolphus @33MHz @jaminguy we should do a PSA so people will know to change that if they want.

Think of the children!

@cano I do drop the occasional F-bomb. @33MHz @jaminguy @ludolphus
@josephaleo Oh my, I never noticed in the many posts I've opened up of yours...lol. Oops. I guess your setting was intentional then. My apologies. 🙊 @ludolphus @jaminguy @33MHz

Think of the children!

@cano I rarely do it but Inlkke having the option 😜 @33MHz @jaminguy @ludolphus
@Eyes in ChimPnut you have to set it per post. Maybe another client that does it like you say?
// @saket @Shawna @ipod @sumudu @Jacarandachick @charlesg @Ronnie
@ludolphus I just saw this in the API docs. Going to look into adding an option for it. @Ronnie @Jacarandachick @sumudu @Shawna @ipod @saket @charlesg
@Ronnie I'm half expecting a request to @jaminguy for a blue #ripostesbeta icon...

// @sumudu @ipod
@Ronnie Love the one you're with. @sumudu @ipod @snrkl
@Ronnie "won't fix - workaround provided"

@sumudu @ipod @jaminguy
@jaminguy @ipod @sumudu @Ronnie

Err... image posting fail.

It was a pair of blue lensed glasses...
#failWhale
@jaminguy I'm just happy you work on this app at all. The icon is secondary.
@snrkl @ipod @sumudu
@sumudu What about privacy? My rationalization is that they have a vested interest in my privacy and security. They don't want any of my data getting into anyone else's hands because that's they're competitive advantage.
@ipod
@Ronnie Beside it's a logical answer, in some way 'privacy' is a myth! @ipod
@sumudu privacy ended long ago
@ipod
@Ronnie Speak for yourself! Everything you think you know about me is carefully cultivated disinformation!! 😳 @sumudu @ipod
@Ronnie not necessarily 😉 @sumudu @ipod
@ipod they're = their @sumudu
@Ronnie me too, but all the untagged photos were saved as if they were taken today, even photos from the 90's. So my timeline is a bit messy
@ipod yeah that would be a problem.
@Ronnie looks like I'll be flipping through some photo albums today...
@ipod it'll be fun. You'll find a lot of memories.
@ipod Ouch. Doing it beforehand is worth it.
@schoeni yeah, I just simply got them from my pc at home to upload them at college faster internet and forgot to tag them before
@ipod Google Photos is pretty nice. Both the service and the app. The best photo management service since Everpix :)
@schoeni It's the first service that has made me not miss Everpix.
@ipod