Flattr is attempting to kill itself again.

New updates, terms have vhsnged, plus: https://blog.flattr.net/2017/10/our-new-fee-structure/

I'm not going to scroll to see if you posted this already. :)
@bazbt3 people still use that? :O
@hutattedonmyarm Probably not. I know that, as a contributor to a few, I stopped using the account some time ago - at the last big change of their business model. I tried shutting the account but there was no way at the time.
Trying harder today.
@bazbt3 Same here. It’s a shame though, I like the idea behind it
@hutattedonmyarm I like it too. I even emailed the creators last time but the guy responding didn't bother to listen to my concerns - what I saw as the removal of the *social* dimension to the service. It seems they've ignored me again. ;)
@bazbt3 Also, so many sites have stopped including the button because so few people were using it, causing even fewer people using it
@bazbt3 I magically have almost €70 in mine so I can’t close the account, but I’ll lose all of that when they make their change, and I refuse to provide any scans of my ID. Oh well, good luck to them with my €70.
@randolph That's *exactly* the scenario playing out in my head right now. On mobile I simply cannot see a balance though; it'll be pennies, a few (dollars) at best.

Evening. :)
@bazbt3 2:14am. I sent them an email saying “keep the money and close my account, thanks”. Really CBA to pursue this. I’d forgotten I even had an account until this email appeared.
@bazbt3 Also, who sends a major announcement like this on a Friday?
@randolph Desperate people who desire no responses send out emails on Fridays. Well, in my case Saturday, 02:03, am (hammers the point further home) *in the morning*. ;)
@randolph Why can't you withdraw it?

@bazbt3
@jeremycherfas Well @randolph and I came up against a requirement to upload proof of identity documents to a 3rd party before being allowed to withdraw funds. Nope; flattr already has my details.
I used flattr's Contact page for my FU message.

Image [cl.ly]
cookie jar (i)
@bazbt3 What flattr wants to get my ID to withdraw funds????
@jeremycherfas @randolph
@unixb0y Yes. You should have got an email.
flattr have upgraded their systems again, again for the convenience of their content creators.</desperate bollocks> @randolph @jeremycherfas
@bazbt3 Screw that. You're right. Glad I got my funds out when I did.

@randolph
@jeremycherfas The end of an era. Thanks, and thank goodness for Patreon; they'd better not fark *their* business model up! ;)

// @randolph
@bazbt3 Can you briefly explain the patreon business model to me? :) @jeremycherfas @randolph
@unixb0y You pledge an amount to support people either per thing or per month. They take a small fee from the recipient. That's it.

@randolph @bazbt3
@jeremycherfas That's cool 😊 So you can donate once or monthly basically?
@randolph @bazbt3
@unixb0y Don't think you can donate once. But you can choose 'per thing' (e.g. per Podcast episode), or monthly // @bazbt3 @randolph @jeremycherfas
@unixb0y
PayPal offers quite a simple link to receive money; I've considered that for my podcast, but so far haven't had the courage.

@randolph @bazbt3 @hutattedonmyarm
@jeremycherfas @bazbt3 @randolph @unixb0y I still want something like flattr for podcasts, so I can support all of the ones I listen to without it costing an arm and a leg
@hutattedonmyarm what's the minimum on patreon? (per thing) @jeremycherfas @bazbt3 @randolph
@blumenkraft Ah ok 😊 I suppose mostly podcasters use Patreon? @jeremycherfas @bazbt3 @hutattedonmyarm @randolph
@unixb0y no, every kind of content maker. Youtuber, blogger, coder, everything, :)
@blumenkraft Okay so basically the same "user group" like flattr? :)
@unixb0y i guess so, yes. :)
@blumenkraft Okay, I had flattr on my old blog, I think I will add that Patreon thing to my new website (spoiler :P) too, then :)
@unixb0y let me know, i'll add it to UPDIP then. :)
@blumenkraft Okay 😊👍 Thanks for the idea 😉
@blumenkraft Ok I checked it out; I don't see why anyone would "subscribe" to an App Developer 😂 In this case, flattr was better for me 😉 I'll stick with my BTC Address and PayPal Link ^^
Maybe I'll do a 3DP blog on my website and then add patreon or so
@unixb0y if you want to get donations you have to do it as easy as possible for potential donors. there are a lot of people on Patreon. for them, you are only one click away if you also have an account there.
@blumenkraft Yeah, you're right 😂 Really? A lot? Hmm then why not 😊 It would help for paying the Apple Developer program / 100€ per year which is much for me 😅
@unixb0y if you do the patreon thing, make sure to make it on monthly basis not per thing! this is important. :)
@blumenkraft patreons will get free little #3DP stuff every other month or so from me 😊
@unixb0y seriously? that's a lot of work and overhead! if, make it yearly imho!
@blumenkraft yea a few times every year 😊
cookie jar (i)
@unixb0y you ruined my mentions stream. mention me, this gif shall scroll out of my sight!

(nice gif btw :) )
@blumenkraft why did I ruin it? 😂😂😅
@unixb0y the gif! this fast printing gif. :P
it is out of sight by now. ;)
@blumenkraft If a GIF annoys you in Apero you can pause the animation with a single click on it. ;)
// @unixb0y
@ericd this is indeed good to know. thanks for the hint! :) @unixb0y
@ericd like a boss 😂👍
@blumenkraft
@blumenkraft What's the problem with it? 😉😉
@hutattedonmyarm Me too. I've heard reasons why it can't be built into apps (as the old flatter was briefly) because of Apple. But it ought to be doable. I support a couple of networks and some individuals through Patreon. @unixb0y @randolph @bazbt3
@hutattedonmyarm Thanks for clarifying; I've been out walking on a glorious afternoon.

You can do a one-off on Patreon if you remember to unsubscribe, but who can be bothered.

@randolph @bazbt3 @unixb0y