new iMac. not sure what i think, to be honest. impressively thin and probably gonna kill it with the M1.
on the other hand, not sure how i feel about the design. what's with the weird chin and no front logo? feels like they sacrificed thinness for it.
also, really cool feature with the ethernet jack on the power brick. but I'm curious how easily it'll be to disconnect the magnetic cable on the back of the display...
as far a price goes...well... i won't be getting one anytime soon (even if I could afford a new iMac right now)
@jawzt what would you do with a new computer? This Spring I've been trying to work out the best ways to use up my existing computers. It's like a puzzle. This one goes to them, that is just a shell. What about that CPU? …
@33MHz i would love to use a desktop right now as a production workstation (both for music and video), although since that's largely a hobby it's a lower priority. my old desktop PC is now a minecraft server, so i don't even use one at the moment.
@jawzt probably won't be quite as easy release as the old MagSafe cables were otherwise the computer might get unplugged too easily. But this does bode well for bringing MagSafe 2.0 back to notebook computers.
@thedoctor true! looking forward to an upgraded M1 MBP, since they're saying it's likely bringing back more port options again. plus, 16" will be nice.
@jawzt I'm waiting to see the tech spec sheet to form my final opinion on the new iMac.