Not helping, unless you are trying to be unhelpful by being wrong for profit [fastcompany.com].

Also:
- See "giraffe."
- JIF flipped [twitter.com] (If 7yo Tweet link fails [mashable.com]. (The now-deleted GIF [web.archive.org].
- I actually like language evolution. 😄
- But fuck that Chung guy.
Thinking about a) people’s natural defensiveness in the face of public grammar-type mistakes and, b) _some_ people’s desire to stir up trouble on the Internet. Is it possible that the hard-G camp has its *ultimate* origins at the confluence of these? 🤔
cookie jar (l)

Even the best of us...corporate sponsors.

I mean, being wrong can make the best of us want to dig in rather than admit any incorrectness or inconsistency. And if you also happen to be a “troll type,” then social media is where you can easily find allies for your emotional lash out. Hit a certain threshold —especially for an easy, common mistake like this— and I guess you’re on your way to having corporate sponsors. 😅 …

Read on Longpo.st

@Kabuku JPEG *is* classy.

But maybe it should be “jay-pejj”?
@Kabuku Well done! 😆
I should start a list of words that start with a G followed by a vowel that have soft-Gs.

It gets tricky. I like giraffe. “Gee willakers!” might be good? Gymnasium could backfire, though, since —I think— the G is hard in the original Latin...
Ooh! Germ. And George.

Gyroscope is probably Latin, too.

(This is fun. But I have actual work to do, lol.)