Cue Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

“...is the hardest part.” 🎶
cookie jar (i)
@muncman whatcha gettin?
@shawn Sorry, I didn't see your query earlier. I got this [youtu.be]. :D Guitar Center had it for $500 off.

Now, I'm just waiting 24 hours before unboxing so it can go from 9 hours in a freezing delivery truck temperature to room temperature, so I don't shock it.
@muncman wow that’s a beautiful guitar! I see why you want to treat it so carefully.
cookie jar (l)

@shawn Yeah, thanks! I’ve been excited for it. I learned a few years ago that wait time for temperature normalization is recommended for basically all shipped, wooden instruments — not just in the winter. Similarly, I’d guess, it’s likewise good to let it acclimate gradually to changes in humidity, as well? …

Read on Longpo.st

@muncman wood can be funky like that, smart move. Have you been able to play with it yet?
@shawn Yep! It’s fun to play. The neck feels nice, the pick ups scream in double-coil mode, and it is nicely finished. I just need to get a new strap for it. 😁
The lesson I just learned? If a package delivery window has expired without delivery having occurred, post about it on Pnut.

Delivery will happen within minutes...guaranteed!*

* No guarantee nor warranty is actually implied.

Passed by: 33MHz