Hey everyone, I wrote a blog post in which I explain the different API design paradigms, check it out if that is of interest: https://blog.cloudobjects.io/api-design/2017/04/10/api-design-paradigms/
@lukasros Good one, I've heard of GraphQL, but never dived in. And I've (tried to) read Fieldings' Diss. More than once...

I've seen 1) whatever 2) RPC 3) CRUD/REST in the wild, but query-based? And what about message-oriented ones?
@schmidt_fu Falcor by Netflix and GraphQL by Facebook. You've probably inadvertently used some APIs of that flavor. And @cgiffard is building a GraphQL API. @lukasros
@jws Yep, using GraphQL in production now (and not just serialising to JSON, and not just over HTTP.) @schmidt_fu @lukasros
@schmidt_fu Thank you, Florian! Can you give me an example of a "message-oriented API"?
@lukasros That's why I'm asking. I heard of "Message oriented Middleware" and associate it with an aysynchronous style of using (SOAP) webservices. I'm not sure if this fits as an API paradigm, nor if it's widely used beyond the hype.
@lukasros I wonder how mature GraphQL is, if even Facebook is not using it in public API
@b123400 It's been driving their mobile apps since 2012. It has a few other users. [graphql.org] GitHub's GraphQL API is in early access now. @lukasros
@lukasros good post Lukas, thanks! can you talk more about what your company does?
@flashblu Thanks! Regarding the company, you will find soon enough when I put out the first product release post on the blog :)
@lukasros great, looking forward to it! I am also looking forward to more of your #indieweb work!