Thoughts on the Garmin Vivofit 3:
• I’m just not a watch-wearer so the belt clip may be a future purchase. It fits on my ankle.
• No adult has such tiny wrists as I do, and the regular strap is almost small enough so that’s impressive.
• It is waterproof!
Thoughts on the Garmin Vivofit 3
• I can read it with sunglasses on
• It doesn’t record cycling very well for me
• It will pair with my ANT+ heart rate monitor
• Pairing with an ANT+ stick and computer works easily as does Bluetooth with iOS
Vivofit 3
• Automatic exercise recording depends on a pedometer so take it with some grace because it isn’t perfect
• It has a pleasantly simple interface and can be customized to be even simpler. I turned off prompts to move and step goals, for example.
Vivofit 3:
• It’s old enough to be cheap- not much more than a Timex. While camping I needed to check the time & Meijer didn’t have a plain watch under $20. Vivofit 3 is $55 new on Amazon.
• Intensity minutes don’t really work on this device. I ignore it.
Why not buy the Vivofit 4? To keep the cost low & to use my
ANT+ HRM. Vivofit 4 can't!
Why not a heart-rate/smart/GPS watch? I have a Garmin Oregon & smart
phone. The Vivofit 3 battery should last months but heart rate watches
need frequent recharging.
@mandy Is the reading difficulty because it’s just too dim, or is this one of those polarization-type effects?
@anth Personally I *can* read it just fine even with sunglasses. That's one of the things I like about it.
@mandy Hah, never mind... I will work on my reading. :-)
@anth No worries - you probably expected me to complain, since I've seen others complain about watch readability quite a lot.