Still trying to get my doctor to tell me what my actual CAC score was but he said "no heart disease." However, my aorta is…enlarged. 😑
@phoneboy Isn't he *required* to give you the information you ask for? Freedom of Information Act and all.
@hybotics working on it. They're also referring me to a vascular surgeon. I don't think it's at "needs surgery" level yet, but it's something we definitely have to watch.
@infodriveway It's certainly not the outcome I predicted.
@phoneboy Mind if I inquire what made you seek out this test?
@infodriveway Since my doctor was pushing a statin and I pushed back, I asked for a calcium score to understand what my actual cardiovascular risk is. He put in an order for a CT Angio, which will tell you that and a bunch more (cont)
@infodriveway I still don't know what my actual calcium score was, but the office told me: no heart disease, but your aorta is dilated and you should talk to a vascular surgeon.
@phoneboy Otherwise, is your health ok?
@infodriveway my LDL cholesterol is a little high, and my doctor is concerned about it. My cholesterol ratios suggest I'm fine, so not worried. I've been able to drop over 100 pounds and put Type 2 Diabetes into remission. Doing great!
cookie jar (l)

Not a diet

@phoneboy CONGRATS! My husband was diagnosed Type 2 last year. Finally, we are embarking on a change. Using MyFitnessPal to keep us on track, I’ve gone from 215 in January to 180 today. He’s gone from 259 at diagnosis last year to 240 in February to 228 now.…

Read on Longpo.st

@infodriveway That sounds good! I'm basically taking a "no sugar no grains" approach. Recently started adding exercise to the mix.
@phoneboy My approach was a calorie deficit. Goal is 1500 per day. Having to keep focused has changed what I eat. I’ve tended eat more fat and protein than carbs. Exercise is typically 10000+ steps or over 8 kilometres on days I work.
@infodriveway I don't track any macros. I am doing half an hour on the treadmill 5-6 days a week depending on travel. I'm actually running for a good chunk of it now, which I've never done before.
@phoneboy I should try running some. Previously, I had some chest pain, shortness of breath, and would get lightheaded when I sprinted for something. I had to sprint the other day and didn’t experience that.
@infodriveway The trick is not to go all out, but get your heart rate up up into Zone 2 and keep it there. The calculation I've seen is 180 - your age in beats per minute.