A Pnut book club could be fun.
@literary A book club does sound fun!
@literary let's do it! What are we reading? /@mina @cano
@Wife @mina @literary I've been reading "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" but bogged down about half way...it's very good but so very long too.
@Wife I am reading Gane of Thrones @cano @literary
@mina @cano @Wife I'm currently reading JUNKY by William S. Burroughs.
@literary then we have to coax people like Adam Cox to use a pnut client…he has gone to the twits.
@prometheus He's actually here. He goes by @adam :)
@literary @adam well then booknuts? I didn't read books besides Java and Unix tomes until I retired. but starting to branch out…just not fiction
@literary @prometheus I am indeed here. FWIW I am currently reading "The Radicalism of the American Revolution" by Gordon S. Wood and listening to Robert Caro's LBJ biography (third volume).
@adam @literary presently part way through "becoming Animal" "the New Jim Crow" and "letters to Vanessa" Just started E.O Wilson's "the Creation" and recently finished "the laughing Sutra"
@prometheus @adam I very much enjoyed The New Jim Crowe when I read it.
@literary @prometheus Oh, almost forgot! I am also reading UNIVERSAL HARVESTER by John Darnielle on iBooks. It's creepy, delicious and accurately Midwestern, the last of which is of the utmost importance to me.
@prometheus @literary (Also, I don't really like reading things on iBooks.)
@adam @literary I wound up using my Kindle for my Bill McKibben, James Hansen and other authors who report to us from our near future: Why should I be comfortable in ANY way when reading about the death of the nature and environment I once took for granted