Today the furnace was emitting a bad gas odor. I called the gas company to check and they said our furnace was emitting CO at 10,000 ppm, instead of below 20, which is normal. Scary. Some problem with the heat exchange. Now need a new furnace.
@tellingtales Yikes, hope it’s okay and all.
@joe It is now replaced...........
@tellingtales so glad to hear that. // @joe
@blumenkraft Thank you. Yes, we are lucky we didn't die @joe
@tellingtales had the same thought, didn't want it to say like that though. ;)
// @joe
@tellingtales Glad it’s been dealt in a timely manner and you are still here.

/@blumenkraft
@joe @blumenkraft Thanks. Yes, we could have either "gone to sleep" or the entire place could have blown sky high I guess.
@joe Ironically had just had the chimneys swept so we could use the fireplaces in a furnace emergency, but then the chimney sweep said we should fill in the ash dump bc it is no longer up to code. D, but then he said not to use it for 7 days. @blumenkraft
@joe So we couldn' t use it. Thankfully temps were above zero the entire time. @blumenkraft
@tellingtales @joe @blumenkraft Have you installed a CO alarm on each floor?
@jws We had only one, but we will be installing one on each floor. @joe @blumenkraft
@tellingtales Good call. I didn’t have any CO detectors till last year. 😬 Didn’t grow up with them. Now have appropriate fire and CO coverage and attic fire ladder. Required more of both detectors than I thought before looking into it. @blumenkraft @joe
@jws Speaking of which, I have at least two new CO detectors installed after the older ones were showing their age this past summer.

/@blumenkraft @tellingtales
@tellingtales Good to hear though.
@joe $3400 later..............
@tellingtales Yikes, have to do what you have to do. Hope you are well in any case!