What's the best desktop app/website for using with pnut? Would be good to have something to follow during the day at work.

Tailed by: Bascule_Rascule

@jvk thanks, I'll give it a go when I get home.
@Bascule_Rascule You can ask @ericd to be added to the beta list for #Apero, his fantastic MacOS Pnut Client 😉
@ccp thanks!

Mr @ericd please could I be added to the beta list?
@Bascule_Rascule Yes, please PM me an email address. :) @ccp
@ericd thank you! Will PM later. Can't seem to send message from arachis. /@ccp
@Bascule_Rascule oh, I miss being a stressed-out scientist running back and forth between bench and desk! 😉
@pisolita don't get to the lab too much these days qs most of my stuff is computer-based these days (b
@pisolita sorry, not got the hang of this app. Most of my time is spent with data. Coding, and integrating transcriptomic, metabolomic, clinical and microbiome data. But today has been meetings. All. Day. Aargh!
@Bascule_Rascule when I realized that I enjoyed these "desk-days" more than the lab, I knew my scientist days were over. Still hating meetings, tho
@pisolita I still love the lab. Try getting in there as much as possible but it's getting more difficult as I get more senior.
@Bascule_Rascule the old problem... it is even worse here in Germany, you can't just hang out as Post-doc when over 45.
@pisolita two postdocs max here. If you don't have a permanent position or fellowship after that you're screwed, unless you work for a big name.
@Bascule_Rascule a friend in LE managed to retire as "simple Post-doc". Always found someone to work for. But she made mAbs, so she was like a facility being handed around
@pisolita the funding bodies are finally realising they need to do more for postdocs, but it's slow going. Only 3% will ever get a lectureship, and many good postdocs give up and go to industry to keep their sanity. Perm post at research institutes, maybe?
@Bascule_Rascule such a waste of talent. But new ones will come and do the job. For half a salary. You work 60 h and get paid for 19,5 h. Should be illegal
@pisolita my contract says minimum 35 hours a week or however long it takes to get the job done. 60 h minimum in my case.
@Bascule_Rascule on my first Friday at Sandoz my boss came to me at 15:00 telling me to go home so I don't get too much overtime, otherwise she gets into trouble with her boss (and the union!).
@Bascule_Rascule took me a while to understand that from then on I would get paid for every hour I worked.
@Bascule_Rascule I would love to go back to the lab for a day or so, like a vacation!😉🏝👩🏻‍🔬!Preferably to Leicester doing some fancy microsopy. But by now they probably have replaced all the equipment with fancier stuff which would overwhelm me

@pisolita have a look at light-sheet microscopy. Saw a demo last week. It was amazing!
@Bascule_Rascule just looked it up. Looks cool but makes me feel old... can't keep up with new technologies
[Deleted]
@der_Jeff would you like me to ladysplain coding to you, young man? :-p @pisolita
[Deleted]
@pisolita @der_Jeff
Transcriptomics - looking at what human genes are turned on and off in disease
Metabolomics - metabolites in blood and urine
Microbiome - bacteria in shit

I put them all together with clinical data to see how they affect human health.
[Deleted]
@der_Jeff @pisolita would have taken me over the post limit. 256 characters is not enough... *sob*
[Deleted]