Long story short, all I want is to watch Star Trek: Prodigy on my phone. Have to wait for profile transfer so I can have that data on a different account. Can’t update the Household, because that would block my parents from using it. #Netflix
Basically when Netflix introduced the Household management, it blocked all the non-TV devices already logged into the account. And since two of the televisions are located at different IP addresses, updating the device list is a nonstarter. #Netflix
I do not want my parents to pay more just so I can watch on multiple devices.
@jacobrealo I feel it's by design since Netflix (and every other streamer to be fair) wants people to have their own accounts as the days of password sharing are over plus they want you to pay more for more device access.
@joe I understand that. Guess my problem was the lack of support documentation explaining the transition. I had to chat with support to confirm what updating the Household device list would mean.
@joe On top of that, the transition seemed arbitrary. I didn’t at first understand why two televisions were left unaffected (my guess: they are recognized as TV apps). Worse is the update process requires certain types of TV app to complete it.
@joe It is a messy process if you have older types of devices. Not all their apps have the same settings page and their support docs just say you need to use a different TV if you don’t see the settings in the app.
@joe To end this rant, I will explain my point. My point is that Netflix should have made their device management system easier to use. It shouldn’t require a (what seems to be) only a smart TV (Apple TV app doesn’t have these settings) to make the update.