The colocation provider for PNut notified us that they will be ending colocation services, and our last day on their network is August 31! So PNut needs to find a new home.

Right now the idea is to make it a little more indie, hosting it at home.

Passed by: 33MHz, flashblu

Tailed by: flashblu

I'm trying different approaches out. It could be hosted on AWS. I'm not interested in trying to colocate somewhere else; the options aren't as good. I have a new used computer on its way that I'll be testing in terms of performance.
@33MHz I'm not so familiar with colocatation, is that similar to a VPS but it's a single machine? MacMiniColo comes to mind but that's where I'm getting the single machine thing from.
@shawn my physical computer is hosted in their facilities. $80/mo for whatever 1U server I put in there.
@33MHz interesting, I’ve always had small projects so a VPS that obscures the underlying machine was always a good fit.
@shawn yep, pnut has been big enough, and I like avoiding the cloudification thinggummy. Cloud tech is nice in some regards, and demanded by everybody at $dayjobs, so I'm glad I can do bare metal here.
@shawn 96GB RAM and 16-cores is super nice; that would be $$$$ from a cloud provider.
@shawn (especially in 2016!)
And I'm currently testing out the home Internet line to see if it really could work, or not. Some tools coming for that as well.