@thrrgilag hm, there's more here. If the main devs behind it want to reform it around a freemium model, that's their prerogative... >> @hackernews: An Open Letter to Gitea https://gitea-open-letter.coding.social/
@thrrgilag It is funny enough that a lot of the Value of open source projects these days is the branding, the community grouping, not the code.
@thrrgilag I think 15 years ago, I was happy to compile an OSS project, happy to throw it up somewhere or on my computer and just run it how/when I wanted, and couldn't care less what the name was.
@33MHz yeah I suppose ultimately it matter. the project is going to do what it's going to do. gitea was forked from gogs, and no doubt there will be a fork of gitea from this.
@33MHz I'm not going to tear down the instance I just stood up, but like I have many times in the past may transition or evolve it to suite my needs.
@thrrgilag I don't really know what's changing, if anything, so, we'll see about that. Mine is also not public, so, not sure if I need anything to change. :}