So yeah, very quick recap about my latest hiatus. On 29 October, my mum passed away. Most of November was spent in Italy, grieving and taking care of all the bureaucracy related to the passing of a parent. On top of the pain, the financial hæmorrhage. >>
@morrick >> Then, once I returned home in Spain, work pretty literally submerged me. I've had time to update my blog only once, with a few thoughts on sideloading: http://morrick.me/archives/9456

Now I have to save funds to pay the inheritance tax. >>
@morrick >> Once I've paid the inheritance tax, I'll inherit what essentially is already mine (being the sole heir): my parents' house. Which I'm now constantly worried about because it's there, all alone, in the Italian countryside. >>
@morrick >> Thankfully the neighbours are friends of the family and will keep an eye on it from their house, and my mum's carer still has the keys to the house and we agreed that she'll keep going there every now & then to check it. >>
@morrick >> This fucking 2021 has been much worse than 2020, much worse than pandemics and lockdowns. My stress levels have reached an unprecedented high, and I just fucking hope 2022 is going to give me a deserved break.

::::::End of transmission::::::
@morrick I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am hoping that your 2022 is significantly better.
@morrick I'm so sad to hear this, thanks for explaining. Hopefully 2022 would be better. :(
@morrick Thanks for popping in and sharing. Sorry to hear, but we're pulling for you. 🙇