Does anyone have a favorite pan for making crepes?
I’m sort of in the market for one
@Wife Well yes, but it isn’t for sale. No, wait, that isn’t what you meant.
@jeremycherfas I’m hanging onto my last bit of “nonstick” cookware because it’s the only pan I have that I like cooking crepes in, it’s really not particularly good though.
@jeremycherfas I'm trying to decide if a cast iron option will be too heavy
@Wife I bought a carbon steel pan last year because it would do the job of cast iron but be lighter and it's still awfully heavy for me. I think if I were taller it woudn't be as big of a problem. @jeremycherfas
@joanna that's helpful to know. I think I'm going to try borrowing a pan or two from my father to get a better feel for what I want. / @jeremycherfas
@Wife I really like the pan but it's still rather unweildy for me. @jeremycherfas
@Wife Just saw this and thought of you. The price may be too good to be true. :-)

https://mauviel-usa.com/products/m-steel-crepes-pan?variant=32878839201845

// @jeremycherfas
@Wife Mine is indeed cast iron, but it is small, maybe 9 inches. So manageable. And for crepes, I don’t attempt to toss then. Tongs and a spatula.
@jeremycherfas I wish I'd gotten a 9-inch pan but I wanted to have more flexibility so got a bigger one. That was a mistake. Sigh. :-) @Wife
@joanna Mine, believe it or not, is >50 years old, bought when I left for university
/@Wife