Nearly two-thirds of US adults unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust – study
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/16/holocaust-us-adults-study
» Comments [news.ycombinator.com]
WTF??? >> @hackernews: Nearly two-thirds of US adults unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust – study
[Comments](http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=24490362)ld/2020/sep/16/holocaust-us-adults-study [theguardian.com]
@blumenkraft although the survey was done by someone who's interests it's in to find bad results.

2/3 also believe Holocaust education should be compulsory in schools, and 7/10 said it was not acceptable for an individual to hold neo-Nazi views…
@33MHz yeah, it all depends on how you ask the question. this math isn't quite checking out. over 40% approval rating for trump, but 7/10 reject nazis? there is some cognitive dissonance going on here...
@blumenkraft two massively different stats that can't be correlated! ;D
@33MHz correlation is not causation anyway! ;)
@blumenkraft This news reminds me that the deputy prime minister in Japan praised Nazi repeatedly.... [theguardian.com] And shamefully he’s still Japan’s deputy prime minister. 🤯
@keage yeah, i looked up things about Japan recently and what i found shocked me honestly. it's really a misogynistic ethnostate, isn't it?
@blumenkraft You made a good point. I’m living in the country that ranked 121st in the latest gender equality ranking, and people ignored Min Jin Lee’s Pachinko.
@keage what do you think is a good strategy to move the boat?
@blumenkraft Make English as another official language. People living in Japan and only speak Japanese are jailed into cage; A cage of Japanese point of view. They can live happily in the cage, but they will never realise their weakness and abnormalities.
@keage very good point i think! i wished for there to be only one language since the internet is a thing.
@keage @blumenkraft And I'm SO surprised to see that it was Aso behind those remarks. Every time there is a microphone in front of him, he seems to produce a new offensive thing to say. 🤬
@Streakmachine @keage madness. i really thought the point that the nazis are the baddies was established. in Germany, we have this saying "Die Zivilisationsdecke ist dünn." which translates to the blanket of civilization is a thin one. :'(
@blumenkraft With your translation, the German saying makes perfect sense. Small advantage of our languages being related.

But yeah, complimenting the Nazis on having the right idea, just can't sound right, no matter what intent one has.

// @keage