Why has Portland's 100 days of protests get so much coverage, and Louisville's 100 days not?
@33MHz Our terrible President has worked to keep focus on Portland as a test for his messaging for how “terrible” democratic admins are, as police and feds continue to try to escalate violence here. Louisville doesn’t have the same association as Portland.
@j_r_snook Really? Then you haven’t been paying very good attention. He sent federal troops into Portland to escalate things, and it’s been central to his rhetoric for about two months. This has been his consistent strategy.
@j_r_snook I did, however, simplify, in that it is not *solely* him. Our police department has been all on bird with regularly escalating violence, too, for much the same ends.
@anth ow. NPR mentioned Louisville this morning in passing and it was the first I'd heard of it still going on there.
@33MHz Off and on in various other cities, too (Dallas, Chicago, I think others). Louisville keeps going because the police are still protecting Breonna Taylor’s murderers. Portland largely due to our awful mayor/police chief and the Fed response.