Android is the only mobile platform I know of that recommends to its users that a reboot might be a good idea. Is this a Samsung thing or do all Android phones do this?
@sloanb All Android OEMs/phones recommend it since there’s limitations on some areas. DNS cache for example requires a reboot to clear it and it also depends on the skin that some OEMs do apply to their OSes that reboots are a must.
@joe Cool thanks man. I didn't realize that Android recommend that. Its been a long while since I've used android honestly.
@sloanb Also, OEMs say after every major update (like from Pie to 10 for example) it recommends a full factory reset. So basically back up everything in the internal storage accordingly.
@joe Ouch that is terrible.
@sloanb I know for a fact that Samsungs and Xiaomis have issues after updating but completely stock phones like Google’s Pixel line have minimal issues. Likely is because of the custom skins that most OEMs have.
@sloanb That is why I always stick to Pixels (and maybe OnePlus phones) and rooting it so I can fully backup the phone easier. Both developer friendly for now.