@joanna drop by MNDP if you aren't at a concert tonight!
@thedoctor I've been "attending" lots of online shows. I was thinking some of my daily "Sophie's choices" (I want to go to 3 shows but must pick one!) would go away but no. Now 4 or 5 of my folks are sreaming at the same time!
@joanna online shows are a good way to get around the social isolation. Not quite the same feel though! One of the summer music fests I go to is postponed until September d/t COVID.
@thedoctor A lot of my music pals are in dire striats. They don't qualify for unemployment and have lost all/most revenue. The same goes for most folks who work behind the scenes setting up, doing sound, etc. With online shows, we can tip via venmo etc.
@joanna that's good you can support via venmo. And record sales seem practically non-existent in the age of Spotify, making it even harder to make a living.
@thedoctor Yep. One of my music pals says he's a t-shirt salesman who plays shows to support that business. :-)
@joanna many concerts I was thinking about have been postponed until fall or cancelled altogether. Though I just found there will be two online concerts with great lineups coming this Friday and next weekend that I will watch