It will be interesting to see what happens this week at work. Should be some significant new tools introduced (by me), which I think means lots of training… But it's always a struggle to get people to implement new things.
@33MHz change management is a ton of work. We're going through some big changes at my workplace.
It can be super tricky dealing with not just the technological aspects...but to not underestimate the importance of the getting coworker "buy-in".
@bondman It's a blessing and a curse that our initial implementation allows people to do what they've always done, and it will sync what they did (though the new implementation has more details captured…), so their existing SOPs will work.
@33MHz yeah, having a more gradual transition *can* help. But there's always the human nature of being resistant to change. Sometimes "ripping the band-aid off" is the right option.
@bondman yeah. "internal customers".
@33MHz We've had good success by stressing the 'why' of the change. If there are any WIIFMs to sell to your 'internal customers...they'll help! The typical reaction may be to not like the change. But they get on board bc they understand its purpose.
@33MHz We've been working for three months to get our 110 person team adjusted to Slack. 0_o
@kerry sounds right. Were you using IRC before? Or nothing? or?
@kerry Ah. … That's a change, certainly.