I now have a RasPi ISS ground station :)

http://www.issabove.com/

#raspberrypi #space #ISS
cookie jar (i)
@Andrew Cool! I should build an ISS tracker at some point, just because it's pretty nifty to know where it's currently located.
@Streakmachine What latitude are you at ?

Why don’t you just grab ISS-Above ?
@Streakmachine forgot to add to that, it’s $15 for the software with the code ‘lightsail’

😎👍🏼
@Andrew A most excellent price, if you ask me.
@Andrew Hm. Excellent question. Don’t remember at the top of my head now. It’s about the same latitude as Stockholm. 😁

I need to research all the available libraries and existing software. Just to have a nerd station.
@Streakmachine I don’t have a separate monitor so I’ve plugged mine in to the tv for now, keeping a look out for a cheap used small monitor.
@Andrew Whenever I get a house, I'm definitely going to setup a dedicated ISS-watching station in my "man cave". It just warms my little nerd heart to know that we are at least attempting something that awesome, as a species.
@Streakmachine yeah, things like this are most satisfying:)

Quite impressive video handling for a Pi.
Current live image.....
cookie jar (i)
@Andrew Insanely cool. Yeah, I'm putting this on my to-build list. A dedicated ISS monitor for my future office.
@Andrew Video finally loaded now. Man, I want that constantly playing on a display somewhere. Inspiring and serene at the same time. 👍