Anybody have one of the new touch bar macbooks? My machine died today and I'm nervous about the new ones, but I gotta replace this thing asap.
@boxenjim I was and am really sceptical though as time goes by I think I could pretty surely work with one of the new ones (though would choose the option with no touch bar) :)
@boxenjim @33MHz we have quite a few at MIT. (I hate the keyboard.)
@boxenjim I have just got one for myself. The touch bar will be fun to use but the keyboard feels cheap. I love having TouchID on it. Instant unlock of the machine and instant access to 1Password.
@pharsicle @boxenjim I think the key to enjoying the keyboard is to have a light touch. The lack of travel punishes key mashers.
@pharsicle @eggfreckles I suppose I probably won't totally understand till I go try one but anything you think I should pay attention to on the keyboard when I do?
@boxenjim The keyboard may not bother you. Try it and see. I have not seen bugs in the Touch Bar yet. @eggfreckles
@pharsicle @eggfreckles @boxenjim very low key travel with a somewhat mechanical feel. Some people dig it, but I would try it first.