For whatever reason, Chrome ignores #Brusque's settings and notifies you of all your mentions the first time it runs, where FF doesn't. FF also integrates with Cinnamon DE, and Chrome doesn't.
@33MHz what's Brusque?
@nitinkhanna A Chrome and--soon--Firefox extension for posting and getting notifications.
@33MHz nice! Looking forward to the FF version... 😊
@nitinkhanna It's up! [addons.mozilla.org] Basic stuff. Glad for someone to try it and see what happens.
@33MHz I'll install it in my office tomorrow. Gee I wonder if it works with the new FF...
@nitinkhanna the newer the better!
@33MHz just installed it and the auth step failed with -

" redirect_uri: The redirect URI is not valid.

Please contact the developer responsible for the client you are trying to use, and tell them about this error!"
@nitinkhanna That's me!

Yeah. Hm. I was reading [discourse.mozilla.org] up on it last night, and see the issues resolved, but don't see what the solution was!
@nitinkhanna I think I can redirect to a fictional page, and have the extension listen for the page, then hijack it to get the token and rediect. Cool.
@33MHz No, the problem seems to be at pnut's end. The API is not accepting the endpoint as a valid one. Doesn't seem like a mozilla problem.
@nitinkhanna Mozilla creates a random UUID for the extension for every PC that it is installed on (unlike Chrome). I can't add every unique possible endpoint as a valid Redirect URI for Brusque on the pnut end.
@nitinkhanna It's a documented issue with extensions that use oauth. They're deciding that making browser fingerprinting harder is more valuable than allowing devs predict/know what the extension's URI is going to be.
@nitinkhanna (that is, your redirect_uri is different from mine)
@33MHz so what's the solution? Your system just takes the UUID its being sent, validates the login information and assumes it'll hit the right endpoint after auth? I don't see a problem with that...
@33MHz I see that the redirect URI is -

redirect_uri=moz-extension://<someID>/callback.html&scope=stream,write_post,follow