The good news is that I seem to be down about 35 pounds now. Blood glucose is in the high end of the normal range now. Sticking (mostly) to a one-meal-a-day regimen.

Still got a ways to go to get my weight into a healthy range, but it's much better.
@phoneboy really great to hear! keep it on my friend. :)
@blumenkraft I'm hoping that my doctor will be ok with me going off my meds. It's one of the reasons I insisted on having another blood test done before I see him in September.
@phoneboy good luck. :)
what meds are you wanting to drop?
@blumenkraft Metformin and the cholestorol meds my doctor insisted putting me on even though my numbers were ok beforehand. I suspect I'll still need the high blood pressure meds for a while longer.
@phoneboy hope you can convince him. ;)
@blumenkraft the numbers should make the argument for me.
@phoneboy Interestingly enough, I'm on cholesterol-lowering meds not because of high cholesterol, but because I no longer have a gall bladder and my body never adjusted to that fact. (The med bonds to bile molecules in small intestine.) @blumenkraft
@retrophisch interesting, I didn’t realize it did that. #TheMoreYouKnow

// @blumenkraft
@phoneboy That's how my med in particular works. Gall bladder regulates bile flow into small intestine so that after it breaks down food it gets reabsorbed. Too much bile into large intestine = me no feel good all the time. @blumenkraft
@phoneboy Since this med bonds to bile molecules, it tends to slow them down, thus allowing the reabsorption. @blumenkraft
@retrophisch sounds like for you the end is a requirement. For me, I questioned it from day 1.

// @blumenkraft
[Deleted]
@skematica massive spikes in blood sugar is bad. They definitely educated me on lows, despite that being the very opposite of my problem.
[Deleted]