Been absolutely loving the weather this week. Not too hot, not too cold. Windy evenings and a touch of rain here and there.
cookie jar (i)
@habanero I’m super jealous, Toronto (and the GTA) is sweltering. 30 feels like 37 with the humidity yesterday, similar today.
@shawn has it always been like that or is it new for the area? 🥵
@habanero (sorry travelling for a few days) yeah it’s always been a bit hot in the summers but the worst part is the humidity which is more recent, especially the last decade. Smog is a helluva thing.
@shawn aw my dude. I empathize. I recall when I lived in California for a spell and BOY THE HUMIDITY. 🙀
@habanero I can only imagine, give me an hour and I’d be just a puddle of Canadian sweat
@shawn Seattle has a fair amount of humidity as well. Not really digging it, in the summer at least, but at least I have AC to fight back.
@habanero AC is key, I like that Europe hasn’t really adopted it but I’m sure glad to be in North America during the most intense humidity and heat of the summer.

Seattle being humid surprises me, never been but books always portray it as quite temperate
@shawn The effects of urbanization and climate crisis, I reckon. Seattle isn't the worst humidity because it's surrounded by water but it's also seeing warmer temps throughout the year. Europe may need to rethink AC as temps rise across the globe.
@habanero for sure, I’ve been surprised this hasn’t effected Europe yet. Some buildings can’t be retrofit, window AC units are the only ubiquitous solution but for historically protected buildings, altering facades might not be possible. They have laws…
@habanero laws that are actually really important and have helped keep Europe from becoming just hulking skyscrapers and malls
@shawn I mean, once you go down that path there's no going back. Dead malls and spacious exurbs are the new American look, though.