I miss the old AppleCare days, I dropped my phone and this process is wild and not good. Apple Stores can’t hand out replacements, repairs/appointment take a week. Not near one and you’re forced into “Express Replacement Service” which costs additional 99€
Apple Store suggests online replacement, I call them and they suggest I go to the store…

Then, emails just don’t work. We try 4 over the course of 2 calls. None go through except one at the end.

Payed the +1k€ hold fee, no confirmation email ðŸĪŠ
The entire time I’m being condescendingly spoken to in paragraphs of corporate soothing. They call me back with zero context from the previous call an hour early and mishear questions as statements and statements as questions I did not ask.

Wild.
As a nerd I find those calls very difficult. I know my way around Apple devices so a lot of the “please check the Gmail webpage” kind of requests become infuriating as I flip through four already open tabs to triple confirm each.
The speed of my response probably reads as either not taking it seriously or not understanding what’s being asked, most people aren’t trying to anticipate the support person to give them/us an easy call

People not listening though, that’s not a nerd thing
On multiple occasions I calmly described the Repair Status webpage as only showing “No status available” and they continued to asking me to click links not present.

Am I petty? Probably. Do I wish people would drop the script and speak like humans? Yes.
Corporate America (for lack of a better term) has “streamlined” everything into measurable units that there’s no room for humans to interact anymore.

You could break down crying and they would have to stick to a script because they’re being monitored.