Holy shit, Apple is changing the App Store [macstories.net]. 15% commission, alternate App Stores, no restrictions on payment processors outside the App Store.

This is wild and looks almost too good, I feel like there’s a catch… 😬
Oh correction, 17% commission on Apps/IAP but 15-10% after the first year of subscription. Also, WebKit browser restrictions are lifted, game streaming is permitted, better NFC stuff.
Some bad stuff: everything is notarized, small review process, (even on apps outside the the official store it seems, like macOS) and a 0.50€ tax on yearly app installs.

And the real shame: only in Europe…
@shawn Guess it’s time to change location in all my Apple devices and reap the rewards. 😁
@habanero yeah, I’m still not sure how all that’s going to work, Apple might not even be fully complying or in good faith (waiting to for a DMA statement). Under closer inspection it’s more a look at the left hand while I rob you with the right situation.
@habanero it’s a win in a few ways but there’s much confusion, like how do US developers even test their apps/stores? It’s wild that it’s only for Europe and that they’re still demanding tracking data and money from apps outside their own store.