API version 1.3.0 [pnut.io] is released! Now you can set a User Presence per-channel, you can set the timeout for User Presence up to 7 days, and you can delete multiple files at once.

The extra downtime [status.pnut.io] was to upgrade much of the infra at the same time.

#🎉

Passed by: 33MHz

Tailed by: SpaceNerdMo

@33MHz the GET /sys/ops endpoint looks fun. I’m curious if its purely for batch deletes or do you have more long running tasks in mind? /@pnutapi
@shawn right now it's only used for DELETE /files, but yeah, it set the ground work for at least a few more endpoints to use it. I know I'll want it for POST /posts and POST /files (this is a big one).
@shawn Future endpoints to use it will probably return most of the object immediately, but some things will "finalize" seconds later, after the system renders some bonus materials, updates indexes, etc.
@shawn There will likely be a new endpoint for uploading one or many files at a time, and you'll first "reserve" the storage space (with a timeout), then upload the files directly. Then you'll have a status endpoint to poll until processing is done.
@33MHz I figured it would be useful for files/images, that sounds really cool.
@shawn also audio, maybe video. Resizing, transcoding to a single format? Possibilities.