Considering ThunderClient [thunderclient.com] for #vscode. But I'd prefer a dedicated app. Not really interested in VS Code long-term, either.
@33MHz why not Postman?
@theprawn I don't use all the online stuffs, so it feels bloated. It also periodically deletes itself (the executable!) on my Linux computer. Not sure what that's about. :D
@33MHz ope, that'll do it! I use the free version on Mac/Linux ... no self-deletes yet
@33MHz I keep struggling to understand the appeal of stuff like this (Paw, Postman, etc) vs just using curl.
@33MHz Maybe it’s that I tend to actually write and generate real docs as well. Can just use the Swagger docs site for lightweight poking, or snarf it into a proper API for real work. 🤔 The others just smell of lock-in to me.
@jws yes! I prefer the direct stuffs as well. I see postman in enterprise and consulting things because devs want something to share with the team. I don't like it. Make some nice docs and let them read 'em.
@jws I see folks undercutting the documentation in favor of postman just like they do in favor of the actual code. Misrepresenting "code comments" and such. Blah blah blah