@formfireglass @hazardwarning @indigo Hullo, merry Christmas! Hope you have a good new year. πŸ‘‹
@joanna
/@indigo @formfireglass @33MHz Hello all. Been hiding from social media a bit - should remember the nice places to hang out. Busy time of year recently for an organist, now our churches are open again. Better now, though. Happy New Year to all!
@hazardwarning Do I remember you posting a recording of some of your playing? I grew up with an organ at church, but there are so few players.
@joanna @indigo @formfireglass @bsag
@33MHz I may have posted a link to a piano & vocal I played for - O Holy Night, last year. Mind you, most services are live streamed & then on YouTube, (except the Christmas ones)but I’m not always playing.
/@bsag @formfireglass @indigo @joanna
@hazardwarning That's probably what I'm thinking of. :)
@hazardwarning My god-daughter is an organist, but singing is her main thing, and it’s a bit hard to keep the organ going as a casual thing.
@joanna @indigo @formfireglass @33MHz
@Indigo Our choir hasn't started up again yet, because where we rehearse insists on masks & it takes a lot to sing wearing a mask. At least the church choir gets by with theirs on. And at least churches are open!
/@33MHz @formfireglass @indigo @joanna
@hazardwarning She has managed to do some choral singing, but a lot of the group singing that should have been part of her course hasn’t happened. @joanna @indigo @formfireglass @33MHz
@hazardwarning I'm so glad you've got places to play!

// @indigo @formfireglass @33MHz
@indigo How is everything? ☺️ EVERYTHING. OK, one thing.
@33MHz lol Everything might exceed the maximum number of characters. Mostly, we’re much the same. Bembo’s doing better after leg surgery last year. Mr I retired. My mother turned very confused overnight and is now in a home. That’s most of it. @indigo
@indigo that's plenty. Whew. We'll have to cheers tomorrow.
@33MHz I discovered a holiday cottage in the countryside a couple of hours away and took Bembo there for a break now international travel is so tricky. @indigo
@indigo Sounds lovely. ☺️ I love to drive, but haven't had an opportunity in a while. Next June/July, we'll be on the road.
@33MHz Do you have a destination/route in mind? @indigo
@indigo We're headed way out West, Colorado and then west and west and up to the Pacific North West, eventually. If we can put it all together.
@33MHz Sounds fantastic! Unfortunately I had some car problems on my last trip, so I decided to just do what I could do from the cottage on foot and use the car as little as possible till I could get home and get it fixed. @indigo
@33MHz I've been driving a lot lately but mostly within a 2-3 hour radius. One of my best friend's aunts lives in assisted living in San Antonio and I go down to see her very regularly. My car was almost unused for over a year and now: boom!

// @indigo
@Indigo Wow! That’s a lot to be getting on with.
@jeremycherfas Apart from Bembo’s leg problems, it’s just the stage of life we’re at. Mr I’s retirement was not much of an event — he’d been working at home for a long time, and the amount of work had been reducing, so only the income changed much.
@Indigo Ah, sorry to hear about your mother. I hope Mr. I is enjoying his retirement. Hugs to Bembo. I posted my yearly photo with Chewy a few days ago.

// @33MHz
@joanna I saw a photo of Chewy on your mother’s blog. :)

My mother had pneumonia and fell and broke her pelvis, so we thought once she recovered from those, that the confusion would clear, but it hasn’t really. She seems quite happy though.

@33MHz
@Indigo I'm glad for that. My father is teetering on the brink these days. It's very frustrating for him.

// @33MHz
@joanna :( It’s hard. My mother was discharged to a care home from hospital, which I think is easier than having to decide when it’s the right time. Half the time she thinks she’s in a pub or hotel.
@33MHz
@Indigo Ha. That's sweet. Hugs…

// @33MHz