So, so tired. About to watch Rogue One for the first time, hope I don't sleep through it...
@Wife I finally found it in 3D. 3D Blu-ray is getting awfully thin on the ground. I guess the home 3D craze is over.
@doctorlinguist @Wife that's such a shame. I really wanted a home 3D setup, just didn't want to pay double a normal tv price for it.
@Savaran I have an old Vizio from when they still made them. But now it's pretty much home projection or very high end sets now. I actually like 3D, but I guess I'm in the minority. @Wife
@doctorlinguist @Wife yeah, we kept holding off just trying to wait for 4K and 3D to converge and get close to affordable and then they killed it all instead
@doctorlinguist I have actually never seen a movie in 3D. / @savaran
@doctorlinguist I used to get motion sick when I'd go to the IMAX, so I was afraid of 3D. @savaran
@Wife @savaran @doctorlinguist I don't care for the IMAX 3D at all, but the RealD tech has always been great IMO. And when combined with the newer theater projectors it's amazing.
@doctorlinguist @savaran @Wife I also loved the high frame rate/3D with the Hobbit. It was beautiful and it's a shame they haven't used it for anything else.