How's everyone doing? It has been a couple of weeks...
@sumudu Hi there! How are you?
@cano Just got back after a week's brief vacation in Sri Lanka. Getting back to work again on Sunday. How have you been?
@sumudu Nice! I've been getting crushed at work for a week and a half or so. New system at work that is wreaking havoc on my workflow and a total disaster to be honest. Trying to adapt but it's hard. Luckily, Saturday is Free Comic Boom Day at least. 😏
@cano Oh, that's not cool. I hope things at work will improve for you. Any new productivity apps or gadgets you have come across lately?
@sumudu Well, I had to take notes on some in depth reading for work and I used the Nebo app we discussed before and it was amazing. I really enjoyed just using my iPad like a pad of paper. I didn't even convert my handwriting to text...just kept it as is.
@sumudu I had to get it from my iPad to my work computer so I just emailed myself the HTML version using the export feature and it worked perfectly. It just displayed my handwritten notes on my browser so I could refer to them.
@cano Yep, I have Nebo too. Haven't had a chance to use it much though. Agree, I like to keep my notes on iPad in my own handwriting too. Apple Pencil is so good and well integrated with the iPad; isn't it?
@sumudu Yes! The Apple Pencil works so well. It makes all the difference. Also, I was using noise cancelling headphones which made it really feel like writing on paper since I couldn't hear that little tapping the Pencil sometimes makes on the glass.
@cano Haha! That's a smart way to do things!
@sumudu Ha! Well, it'll work until Apple figures out how rid of the tapping sound. 😏 Any new productivity apps or gadgets on your end?
@cano Hmm.. Not much lately. Did I tell you I got Lenovo Yogabook - Android tablet? From apps perspective, I've been using Google Keep to jot short notes on my Galaxy S7. People who know me as a Apple fan mostly laugh at me when they know I use Android :)
@sumudu I think you might have mentioned, but not sure if the specifics. How do you like it? I have no experience with Android though.
@cano Not quite, as much as I thought. Again, not been using much. My hand always naturally goes to iPad Pro :)
@sumudu One of these days I have to get an android device just to try it out. My next big purchase is going to be a new iPhone though. My 6 is starting to feel so slow.
@cano Oh, the thing with Apple is they are a bit lagging behind now in keeping up with the improvements. So, are you going for iPhone 8...?
@sumudu Yeah, I'm saving up for the 8. I hope at least half of the rumors about it are true...haha.
@sumudu I'm better get some sleep. We'll have to continue our tech talk soon. Glad you got a chance to go on vacation. Good luck with work next week too.

Good night, my friend. 😴
@cano Good Night. Sleep well!
@cano I have to say, Google keep's sync is quite fast as in 2 seconds the notes are everywhere.
@sumudu I remember when Google Keep came out and i really wanted to try it then. Do you use it like an Evernote replacement?
@cano Hey, I haven't tried to do the export in HTML. Must give it a go sometime
@sumudu Yeah, try it out. I exported to PDF but it exported the converted text. The HTML export preserved the handwritten notes they way I wrote them.
@cano Yes, Nebo HTML export works all right. Just checked. Thanks for telling me about it.
@sumudu itchy, ready to sleep. Took some medicine to sleep. A handful of things moving slowly out there, and I don't have a great grip on when what will happen. But it's all exciting things. :)
@33MHz Have a good night sleep! I must try and hang around here a bit more often :)