Okay, so maybe I'm not quite sure how it works, but apparently posts here don't have a canonical permalink? I've been looking around the documentation and there is nothing.
@dominik ah, something to add somewhere, thanks.

Here's the way: https://posts.pnut.io/32236
@33MHz ah, merci bien. :)

Easily integrating this thing into my existing "Keeping a copy of my data on my own server" tool will make it much more likely for me to keep using it. Thanks. :)
@dominik the canonical url isn't on the object currently, it's true. Initially there wasn't a canonical location like that.
@33MHz well - as long as it is known and documented to be under that subdomain/post-id, the url itself doesn't really need to be in there, does it?
@dominik I'd agree in terms of my own original posts. The problem comes when getting an URL for a 'reply': the URL for those is [...].io/$original#$reply, which is the dickens to extract programmatically... @33MHz
@dgold @33MHz when getting the replies or when you have the post object of a reply? For the last one I'll just use the reply_to and thread_id values, I guess.
@dominik I have a plugin for the known cms that cross posts to pnut. The indieweb back reference should be for my reply, but I'm trying to work out where that should be to.
@33MHz